GMA X4500 QE/CI Open Forum.

abkratch

66 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr.Vaughn

ok i am going to attempt to write a driver for this specific card based on the driver of the x3100. it would be nice if anyone with any documentation or any progress on this driver to post what they have here so that it will give me somehwere to start. thanks

ok well i have located the linux driver for the 4500 so i might be able to get somewhere with that but i am not sure as they are different opperating systems. Its worth a try. Below i have attached the linux driver for the 4500

let's move then ;)

Guest Mr.Vaughn

ok here is my main concern. When it comes to the Xwindows part of mac and linux they are the same. but the top end is different. It should not be super hard to get this linux driver to interact with the Xwindows (the core also know as what the terminal interacts with) part of the Mac OS by basing a new driver off of the linux one BUT the biggest speedbump is getting it to interact properly with the top end (the actual mac OS it self) Which i am able to achive on my own but it going to take a massive amount of time if i try to accomplish this on my own so if i can get some people to work with me on this then we can get this done ALOT faster.

Below i have included a link for more info on X-Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System

Now i do understand that The new mac os X has a slightly alternative version of X-Windows referded to as Quartz BUT the cross over translation in design for the new driver should be feasible.

Also i have included below is a guide on how to make KEXT files for referance.

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/ref...vers/index.html

and

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/doc...aging_kext.html

Also the documentation for the X4500 can be located here:

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html

Also here is the link to the linux driver for EACH INDIVIDUAL PART that is used to compile one whole driver

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html

Come on people we can do this!

WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER ON THIS!!!!

If it takes all of us in an occward long distance Phone call exchanging info to get this done then thats what it is going to take because this IS possible and we're gonna get it!

SO...

LETS GET TO WORK PEOPLE

MY Email address is kcirrab@gmail.com CONTACT ME AND LETS GET SOME WORK DONE

Ps. The linux driver CAN be located in my above post but i will attach it to this one as well for easy access to everything i have come across.

intel_gma_4500_linux_driver.zip

and apparently you can not read because if you would read my post i stated that i was going to MAKE A WHOLE NEW DRIVER!!! jesus... i understand that Aqua and X11 are different i ALSO stated THAT in my post as well. again if you would READ i stated that the linux driver would give us so base to start with NOT that i was going to try and port the linux driver to OS X....... READ BEFORE YOU START TYPING!

A Whole new driver? What do you need? What can I do to help? Could this work be turned into a universal GMA driver - not trying to get ahead of myself but the new netbooks with the Z520 Atom are supporting a whole new GMA 500.

What can I do?

Hey,

I am also looking for the GMA X4500 QE/CI drivers. That would be so great if you guys could develop these drivers. Unfortunately I can't offer help because I am not that technical to program a driver. But I would be very, very happy if you get this done. First I'll try the driver package of mylotech tonight and let you know if that helped already!!

Thanks everyone,

Yamas

Will QE enable video?

Well it QE seems to be ultimate single medicine for all de problemz of Intel 4500 displays

At the moment, the fix for 4500 users does not display video...

U can use Quicktime along with Perian for viewing avi's mpg's etc

Well it QE seems to be ultimate single medicine for all de problemz of Intel 4500 displays

I will have to look into video further. I have tried QuickTime and so far it hasn't had enough codecs to support any normal .avi/.flv file I have tried to open.

I tried iTunes visualizer and it only displays the iTunes Classic visualizer properly. All others give just black screens.

Also- don't know if this also is linked to QE or not, but my bar at the top (where it says Finder, Apple, Tools, etc) is not transparent. On my girlfriend's Macbook with Leopard, it is transparent.

In the attach you'll have these files.

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext (1.5.44.13)

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (1.5.18.7)

The FB was patched to have no mouse artifacts & support native resolution & with id 2E12.

Both files will load and will appear in the Extensions at System Profiler.

I'm hoping that someone figure it out how to enable QE/CI.

Greets!

GMA4500_2E12.zip

QE does seem to be my problem. I read that QE is what enables the transparent menu bar, and mine's missing that.

Here u go!

Ps: make it run automatically at the login.

Thank you very much :(

I will try it when I get home.

Quick question about running things on login - if this is too off-topic I apologize;

I have FFScroll installed and whenever I boot up Snow Leopard, a Terminal window opens up to run the commands to start it.

How would I either hide this window on startup, or change it so that the commands just run from the background and won't have to open up a Terminal window on startup? I have checked the "Hide" button for it in System Preferences>Accounts>[my username]>Autorun apps (or something like that, don't remember I'm not on the computer at the moment) - but even though it's checked to be hidden, it still shows the Terminal window every bootup.