Any luck with HDA Patcher + HDAEnabler + AppleHDA under SL?

9 posts in this topic

I always get KP when I try HDAPatcher + HDAEnabler + AppleHDA under SL, with original SL AppleHDA patched or even if using legacy kexts from 10.5.8 wich worked for my very well under Leopard. My sound card is not working with VoodooHDA (I am getting only some cracks from it when trying VoodooHDA) so I reverted to AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, but that gives me only stereo output, without line in or mic. My card is ALC888 (this is the link to my codec dump from linux - http://rapidshare.de/files/48188841/codecalc888.txt.html )

Also, I never used DSDT.aml (it always fails compiling for my card, and if I check force compile and try the resulted file, I'm getting KP early at boot)

Anybody had any luck with patched AppleHDA under SL?

Sorry for you then. but it seems that vanilla related files are not welcome in the forum. I think also patched versions of these files are not allowed.

As soon as Snow is released on the Apple Store, I think there will be new solutions. I'm so excited to buy a copy of it...

Hoppefully for me i recently bought a Mac mini so I'll get it for a very good price like others Mac owners.

good luck

My legacy kexts for 10.5.7 and with the pin configs and layout id injected via DSDT are working just fine on Snow Leoaprd (10a432) on both of my Gigabyte boards (GA-G31M-S2L and GA-G31M-ES2L).

My legacy kexts for 10.5.7 and with the pin configs and layout id injected via DSDT are working just fine on Snow Leoaprd (10a432) on both of my Gigabyte boards (GA-G31M-S2L and GA-G31M-ES2L).

Hi Swhay,

Can you help me how to patch DSDT for my mobo, I've Gigabyte G945-S3, with ALC888 audio chip. I was able to install and run SL easily the only problem I'm facing is sound output.

Your help will be appreciated.

• 2 months later...