Got an nForce 750i SLI based board? Try iDeneb 10.5.5

fendertwin

26 posts in this topic

I'm running the slashhackATA, have been since first startup. Changing my lan drivers did honestly fix my problem. I have been able to push the system under load with usage of more than 3 GB of ram. And no error. But when opening Magnifique, the program immediately connects to teh internet. As you can see if your running without a network driver. It will say it cannot find url blah blah. After installing the eno lan drivers. I no longer have a new ethernet device for each boot up (IE self replicating eithernet cards in the network settings) and I no longer have to reboot to fix it. Card works perfectly. Now the only thing I am struggling with is getting my SATA DVDRW working, as I put it back in after installing with a PATA. ;) It's all a pain. The kernel panics were happening because of the lan device going to sleep with no activity. Side effect of my bios mod I guess. As this didn't happen on my other board.

Currently getting this in system log. When attempting to use the DVD drive.

Sep 3 19:19:01 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0x72aaa00]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (25,fac)

Sep 3 19:19:15 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:15 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Sep 3 19:19:30 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:30 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Sep 3 19:19:45 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:45 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Considering moving up from the regular AppleNforceATA to the AppleNforceATA-test kext Says it should fix the problem with this on SATA drives. But I am so worried about breaking my almost perfect install... I will have to time machine this.

Changing the lan driver solved your problem? - What did you change it to, can you please provide details?