Got an nForce 750i SLI based board? Try iDeneb 10.5.5

fendertwin

26 posts in this topic

I've been fighting with my XFX 750i SLI motherboard for 7 straight days and have seen every possible roadblock on the way, cpus=1 various different kernels autorebooting all kinds of "15728 buffer blah blah" ACPI crashes "Still waiting for root device" errors kernel panics galore etc etc etc and I'm 100% positive it's the nForce 750i chipset, I've read topic after topic of people failing to get a working install with these chipsets.

Well I finally got it, iDeneb 10.5.5 is working flawlessly on my XFX 750i SLI with Intel Core Duo 1.6GHz @ 2.66 GHz, 3GB DDR2 800, BFG Geforce 8600GT, SATA DVD with PATA Drives and SATA drives, Broadcom wireless card. Everything works including audio and lan.

I have my BIOS set more or less as suggested by the guide for the iAtkos v7 distro (which did not work for me).

Booted into the installer with "cpus=1 -v".

Key selections that got this system up and running were the 9.4.0 modded kernel, Jmicron AND MCP67 chipset patches, I disabled the firewire kexts and made sure to select the ACPI fix, which I believe was the missing link.

No bios modding, no DSDT nonsense no modifying kexts no jacking with the install disc no master/slave PATA jumper gayness, it just worked.

If you've been fighting with a 750i based board, give iDeneb 10.5.5 a shot, hope my week long fight helps someone else out.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been fighting with my XFX 750i SLI motherboard for 7 straight days and have seen every possible roadblock on the way, cpus=1 various different kernels autorebooting all kinds of "15728 buffer blah blah" ACPI crashes "Still waiting for root device" errors kernel panics galore etc etc etc and I'm 100% positive it's the nForce 750i chipset, I've read topic after topic of people failing to get a working install with these chipsets.

Well I finally got it, iDeneb 10.5.5 is working flawlessly on my XFX 750i SLI with Intel Core Duo 1.6GHz @ 2.66 GHz, 3GB DDR2 800, BFG Geforce 8600GT, SATA DVD with PATA Drives and SATA drives, Broadcom wireless card. Everything works including audio and lan.

I have my BIOS set more or less as suggested by the guide for the iAtkos v7 distro (which did not work for me).

Booted into the installer with "cpus=1 -v".

Key selections that got this system up and running were the 9.4.0 modded kernel, Jmicron AND MCP67 chipset patches, I disabled the firewire kexts and made sure to select the ACPI fix, which I believe was the missing link.

No bios modding, no DSDT nonsense no modifying kexts no jacking with the install disc no master/slave PATA jumper gayness, it just worked.

If you've been fighting with a 750i based board, give iDeneb 10.5.5 a shot, hope my week long fight helps someone else out.

I have the exact same board. I was able to boot into it. But I always got stuck on the damned keyboard setup. Once I got around it by bypassing the setup using commands to make it think it was already done. But any change I made never stuck as I was apparently running from the DVD in the drive, not the hard drive.

I've been wanting to put my xfx board back in, and I even patched the dsdt. SO I shoul dhave less trouble than you did. It's just I'm not sure if I want to attempt anything like that again. As I do have my old m520f HP elite board working in it. I just can't set my ram and CPU the way I like. I may try it anyways though. If I lose mac I lost it. Big deal. I just want to be ab;e to have my nice board, and mac. Why can't I just have both?

I have the exact same board. I was able to boot into it. But I always got stuck on the damned keyboard setup. Once I got around it by bypassing the setup using commands to make it think it was already done. But any change I made never stuck as I was apparently running from the DVD in the drive, not the hard drive.

I've been wanting to put my xfx board back in, and I even patched the dsdt. SO I shoul dhave less trouble than you did. It's just I'm not sure if I want to attempt anything like that again. As I do have my old m520f HP elite board working in it. I just can't set my ram and CPU the way I like. I may try it anyways though. If I lose mac I lost it. Big deal. I just want to be ab;e to have my nice board, and mac. Why can't I just have both?

You should be able to......there are enough success stories with the 750i......see my Series 7 Nforce chipset MOBO thread....... :thumbsup_anim:

I used that thread alot, I just had no luck at all. I got really upset at trying and just gave up. But here I am again giving it a shot. Now I'm having problems with my ram again too. can't clock it to my standard settings

Some very good news. I was able to boot into mac and set it up in safe mode. I left the install blank for video drivers as my card is a GTX 260 and I think that is whats hanging me on normal boot.

as I get "display: family specific matching fails"

So I an going to burn what I need to a disk and install it under safe mode and try to boot normally. But so far a post that had no info has helped me more than a huge topic about it. -.-; Sad that I can work with no info and get something than with a ton and fail.

Some very good news. I was able to boot into mac and set it up in safe mode. I left the install blank for video drivers as my card is a GTX 260 and I think that is whats hanging me on normal boot.

as I get "display: family specific matching fails"

So I an going to burn what I need to a disk and install it under safe mode and try to boot normally. But so far a post that had no info has helped me more than a huge topic about it. -.-; Sad that I can work with no info and get something than with a ton and fail.

Initially when installing OS X DO NOT choose a video, network and audio driver option in the Installer Customize menu.......focus on getting the basic OS X system running first.......

My mantra to help newbies is:

Begin with correct BIOS settings; use USB keyboard & USB mouse to avoid PS/2 issues; check on PATA before you check on SATA; HDD MBR partition and format, unless you have good reason to use GPT; boot OS X DVD with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048, unless you know better; initially choose no video, network and audio kext for easy path to OS X......

So, start by reading post #1 in my thread and sorting out the BIOS settings for your MOBO.....

My blog install guides for some of the available distros give you a step by step procedure to follow except you will have different video and audio driver requirements to suit you MOBO.....

What OS X distros do you have available.......? Is your DVDRW PATA (IDE) or SATA.....? If IDE then you should have no problems booting the DVD but see IDE connection section in post #1.....

Initially when installing OS X DO NOT choose a video, network and audio driver option in the Installer Customize menu.......focus on getting the basic OS X system running first.......

My mantra to help newbies is:

So, start by reading post #1 in my thread and sorting out the BIOS settings for your MOBO.....

My blog install guides for some of the available distros give you a step by step procedure to follow except you will have different video and audio driver requirements to suit you MOBO.....

What OS X distros do you have available.......? Is your DVDRW PATA (IDE) or SATA.....? If IDE then you should have no problems booting the DVD but see IDE connection section in post #1.....

Oh I'm good tip wise. My board just likes to give me trouble. I got all usb, and sata dvd drives. I use the ideneb 10.5.5 distro to avoid sata dvd drive problems. Then when I get it all up I plan on using a package update. Only reason I have video trouble is cause I chose no driver. And I am using a GTX 260 that has 896MB of ram. Not one of the standard ram usage values. =P so startup is always a hassle. I have the correct driver now though, I accidentally hit enter when using rm -rf /system/library xD so I am reinstalling. I meant to type rm -rf /system/library/extensions ATY_Init.kext

lol. I had trouble with the original nvidia 260 enabler. I meant to delete the kext but I mi{censored} enter. Stupid broken hand. Anyway after this I got the official 285 drivers from evga which are reported to run well for all 200 series. So I will be putting them on once running in safe.

@ Arky

Glad you on your way to getting things sorted...... :(

@ Arky

Glad you on your way to getting things sorted...... :(

Me too. I can't wait to have my OSX running along side windows 7. Plus I love how fast this board is, and I missed having it. lol. Hopefully all will be a go in about 10 minutes

Me too. I can't wait to have my OSX running along side windows 7. Plus I love how fast this board is, and I missed having it. lol. Hopefully all will be a go in about 10 minutes

Well after the reinstall I'm now stuck on the DO YOU OWN A MAC bs. :( this is the reason I stopped this {censored} in the first place. It's retarded. EVERYTHING is the SAME. and after a reinstall this happens. WTF

Well after the reinstall I'm now stuck on the DO YOU OWN A MAC bs. -_- this is the reason I stopped this {censored} in the first place. It's retarded. EVERYTHING is the SAME. and after a reinstall this happens. WTF

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

5. Boot the system by typing "exit" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

6. Reboot from HDD with "-v -f" and the OS X Login screen is presented; enter "root" as Name and for Password, the root password chosen previously, and the system logs you in as System Administrator......

Hopefully this will sort the problem for you...... ;)

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

5. Boot the system by typing "exit" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

6. Reboot from HDD with "-v -f" and the OS X Login screen is presented; enter "root" as Name and for Password, the root password chosen previously, and the system logs you in as System Administrator......

Hopefully this will sort the problem for you...... -_-

Yes thats how I bypassed it last time. But I never took the time to find out if I will be able to rename my username and {censored} later on. Will I? or will I be stuck as root? If so I guess thats fine, but as of now I have to get 10.5.7 in order to get out of safe mode as the evga drivers for my card will not work with 10.5.5 I even installed them manually and now I just get a nice black screen on bootup. I have a hunch that if I get 10.5.7 on there and install my drivers and then boot in normally. I will be able to complete the setup without having to bypass it. So if I just set the resolution to 640 x480x32@60 it will bypass the setup in safe mode sayiong resolution too small. THen I install the display drivers and the lan and then boot up normally and complete the setup then.

Yes thats how I bypassed it last time. But I never took the time to find out if I will be able to rename my username and {censored} later on. Will I? or will I be stuck as root? If so I guess thats fine, but as of now I have to get 10.5.7 in order to get out of safe mode as the evga drivers for my card will not work with 10.5.5 I even installed them manually and now I just get a nice black screen on bootup. I have a hunch that if I get 10.5.7 on there and install my drivers and then boot in normally. I will be able to complete the setup without having to bypass it. So if I just set the resolution to 640 x480x32@60 it will bypass the setup in safe mode sayiong resolution too small. THen I install the display drivers and the lan and then boot up normally and complete the setup then.

Been at it for hours now, still going. Reinstalling 10.5.5 and going to combo update to 10.5.7 again. First time apparen;ty I did something wrong in terminal. This is all so freaking hecktic, I am not sleeping until I get it.

Been at it for hours now, still going. Reinstalling 10.5.5 and going to combo update to 10.5.7 again. First time apparen;ty I did something wrong in terminal. This is all so freaking hecktic, I am not sleeping until I get it.

I was up all night. I managed the upgrade, but the system locks up. I have patched my own DSDT on my bios, and now bought a IDE DVD drive I want to install iAtkos cause it has support for my Graphics card out of the box. But the setup is so much different from ideneb I can't figure it out. Can anyone help me? I have iatkos v7

xfx 750i mobo

4gb ram

dvd ide

hdd sata

iatkos v7

patched dsdt mobo

I was up all night. I managed the upgrade, but the system locks up. I have patched my own DSDT on my bios, and now bought a IDE DVD drive I want to install iAtkos cause it has support for my Graphics card out of the box. But the setup is so much different from ideneb I can't figure it out. Can anyone help me? I have iatkos v7

xfx 750i mobo

4gb ram

dvd ide

hdd sata

iatkos v7

patched dsdt mobo

For iATKOSv7 try:

iATKOS Main system.

Bootloader: Chameleon v2

/Extra directory

DSDT (Only needed if you have to use cpus=1 to boot the OS X install DVD)

Decrypters: Appledecrypt

Kernels: 9.7.0 Voodoo kernel.

Disabler

OHR

System: SATA/IDE drivers: nForce SATA/IDE

USB

NTFS-3G (for NTFS read/write by OS X)

Languages (Your choice)

Post-Install Actions

For iATKOSv7 try:

iATKOS Main system.

Bootloader: Chameleon v2

/Extra directory

DSDT (Only needed if you have to use cpus=1 to boot the OS X install DVD)

Decrypters: Appledecrypt

Kernels: 9.7.0 Voodoo kernel.

Disabler

OHR

System: SATA/IDE drivers: nForce SATA/IDE

USB

NTFS-3G (for NTFS read/write by OS X)

Languages (Your choice)

Post-Install Actions

Indeed I have picked all those and I am reading your post for the first time in my new Mac =P All I was having a problem with was a kernel panic in installation. I found o ut th at if I continued to constantly move the mouse and push keys it kept going. So all is now well =P

Indeed I have picked all those and I am reading your post for the first time in my new Mac =P All I was having a problem with was a kernel panic in installation. I found o ut th at if I continued to constantly move the mouse and push keys it kept going. So all is now well =P

Now whenever I leave the computer idle I get a kernel panic..... I dunno whats up.. gonna look into it

Now whenever I leave the computer idle I get a kernel panic..... I dunno whats up.. gonna look into it

Perhaps you should drop back to the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel, and hence 9.5.0 System and seatbelt kexts........?

Perhaps you should drop back to the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel, and hence 9.5.0 System and seatbelt kexts........?

I thought about that, but the installer runs with the 9.5.0 kernel doesn't it? And it crashed if I left it idle.

However this happaned after downloading a file and running it. Alot of people are thinking this has to do with the nforce lan

omg.jpg

I thought about that, but the installer runs with the 9.5.0 kernel doesn't it? And it crashed if I left it idle.

However this happaned after downloading a file and running it. Alot of people are thinking this has to do with the nforce lan

omg.jpg

I seem to have fixed my own problem. On install it's important to keep moving the mouse and pushing space and opening and closing the install log. Keep it active. It will look froze. but it will go. After that immediately get the eno nforce drivers pkg. NOT the kext. It's easier and it will remove any other unwanted kext. I seem to be kernel panic free now.

omg.jpg

No, the Installer will install the Vanilla kernel as default......hence it is not a chooseable option......:)

The first problem kext appears to be IOATABlockStorage (2.0.5) and then other IO*.kexts.......with the initial kernel panic related to 32bit versus 64bit memory accessing because you have more than 3GB RAM installed.....

So, the system panics with the following message type in the kernel panic log:

panic(cpu X caller 0xXXXXXXXX): getPhysicalSegment() out of 32b range

0xXXXXXXXX, len 0xXXXX, class IOGeneralMemoryDescriptor.......

AFAIK the reason is that getPhysicalSegment returns a 32 bit address but because the physical memory address cannot fit in 32 bits a panic occurs.....which invariably happens when more than 3GB of RAM is installed on the MOBO.....

Have you installed slashack's AppleNForceATA v0.1 kext yet?......if not, then you should do so because it supports 64bit memory addressing.......

Even with slashack's AppleNForceATA v0.1 kext installed, which enables use of >3GB RAM without any problems for 99% of the time, there still seem to be some apps that cause memory addressing kernel panics either during installation or during large data file transfers e.g. video/audio files......

If you temporarily boot manually with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 when installing the app, or for doing large data file transfers e.g. video/audio files......and then afterwards, you reboot as normal.......everything is generally OK again, including making full use of all CPU cores by running applications now using the transferred data...... :(

It is not as bad as you think.....data transfers do not need all 4 cores running at 100%, since it is the MCP that is controlling the data transfer rate from USB/Firewire/eSATA/SATA/IDE to SATA/IDE and vice versa....see chipset architectures in my two nForce chipset threads....... :)

No, the Installer will install the Vanilla kernel as default......hence it is not a chooseable option......:)

The first problem kext appears to be IOATABlockStorage (2.0.5) and then other IO*.kexts.......with the initial kernel panic related to 32bit versus 64bit memory accessing because you have more than 3GB RAM installed.....

So, the system panics with the following message type in the kernel panic log:

panic(cpu X caller 0xXXXXXXXX): getPhysicalSegment() out of 32b range

0xXXXXXXXX, len 0xXXXX, class IOGeneralMemoryDescriptor.......

AFAIK the reason is that getPhysicalSegment returns a 32 bit address but because the physical memory address cannot fit in 32 bits a panic occurs.....which invariably happens when more than 3GB of RAM is installed on the MOBO.....

Have you installed slashack's AppleNForceATA v0.1 kext yet?......if not, then you should do so because it supports 64bit memory addressing.......

Even with slashack's AppleNForceATA v0.1 kext installed, which enables use of >3GB RAM without any problems for 99% of the time, there still seem to be some apps that cause memory addressing kernel panics either during installation or during large data file transfers e.g. video/audio files......

If you temporarily boot manually with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 when installing the app, or for doing large data file transfers e.g. video/audio files......and then afterwards, you reboot as normal.......everything is generally OK again, including making full use of all CPU cores by running applications now using the transferred data...... ;)

It is not as bad as you think.....data transfers do not need all 4 cores running at 100%, since it is the MCP that is controlling the data transfer rate from USB/Firewire/eSATA/SATA/IDE to SATA/IDE and vice versa....see chipset architectures in my two nForce chipset threads....... :)

I'm running the slashhackATA, have been since first startup. Changing my lan drivers did honestly fix my problem. I have been able to push the system under load with usage of more than 3 GB of ram. And no error. But when opening Magnifique, the program immediately connects to teh internet. As you can see if your running without a network driver. It will say it cannot find url blah blah. After installing the eno lan drivers. I no longer have a new ethernet device for each boot up (IE self replicating eithernet cards in the network settings) and I no longer have to reboot to fix it. Card works perfectly. Now the only thing I am struggling with is getting my SATA DVDRW working, as I put it back in after installing with a PATA. :( It's all a pain. The kernel panics were happening because of the lan device going to sleep with no activity. Side effect of my bios mod I guess. As this didn't happen on my other board.

I'm running the slashhackATA, have been since first startup. Changing my lan drivers did honestly fix my problem. I have been able to push the system under load with usage of more than 3 GB of ram. And no error. But when opening Magnifique, the program immediately connects to teh internet. As you can see if your running without a network driver. It will say it cannot find url blah blah. After installing the eno lan drivers. I no longer have a new ethernet device for each boot up (IE self replicating eithernet cards in the network settings) and I no longer have to reboot to fix it. Card works perfectly. Now the only thing I am struggling with is getting my SATA DVDRW working, as I put it back in after installing with a PATA. :glare: It's all a pain. The kernel panics were happening because of the lan device going to sleep with no activity. Side effect of my bios mod I guess. As this didn't happen on my other board.

Currently getting this in system log. When attempting to use the DVD drive.

Sep 3 19:19:01 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0x72aaa00]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (25,fac)

Sep 3 19:19:15 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:15 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Sep 3 19:19:30 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:30 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Sep 3 19:19:45 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:45 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Considering moving up from the regular AppleNforceATA to the AppleNforceATA-test kext Says it should fix the problem with this on SATA drives. But I am so worried about breaking my almost perfect install... I will have to time machine this.

I'm running the slashhackATA, have been since first startup. Changing my lan drivers did honestly fix my problem. I have been able to push the system under load with usage of more than 3 GB of ram. And no error. But when opening Magnifique, the program immediately connects to teh internet. As you can see if your running without a network driver. It will say it cannot find url blah blah. After installing the eno lan drivers. I no longer have a new ethernet device for each boot up (IE self replicating eithernet cards in the network settings) and I no longer have to reboot to fix it. Card works perfectly. Now the only thing I am struggling with is getting my SATA DVDRW working, as I put it back in after installing with a PATA. :) It's all a pain. The kernel panics were happening because of the lan device going to sleep with no activity. Side effect of my bios mod I guess. As this didn't happen on my other board.

Currently getting this in system log. When attempting to use the DVD drive.

Sep 3 19:19:01 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0x72aaa00]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (25,fac)

Sep 3 19:19:15 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:15 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Sep 3 19:19:30 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:30 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Sep 3 19:19:45 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

Sep 3 19:19:45 arkys-mac-pro kernel[0]: disk2: I/O error.

Considering moving up from the regular AppleNforceATA to the AppleNforceATA-test kext Says it should fix the problem with this on SATA drives. But I am so worried about breaking my almost perfect install... I will have to time machine this.

Responding backwards......

Even with the AppleNForceATA Test kext and maxmem=3072 in com.apple.Boot.plist curing the SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed that the kext is engineered to, you will be able to read from DVDs but may well not be able to write to DVDs using the SATA DVDRW.....

I have found that the most stable eno NForceLAN kext for me has been the nForceLAN.kext 0.62.13n......but I also have a Netgear GA311 Gigabit NIC that uses Realtek RTL8169 chipset, so it works out the box with AppleEthernetRTL8169.kext or the Psystar R1000.kext......

I thought you were already using eno's nForceLAN.kext so that is why I focussed on IO* kexts and AppleNforceATA.....but the incorrect LAN driver will cause similar problems....locking up unless you boot with cpus=1 maxmem=2048.......

Responding backwards......

Even with the AppleNForceATA Test kext and maxmem=3072 in com.apple.Boot.plist curing the SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed that the kext is engineered to, you will be able to read from DVDs but may well not be able to write to DVDs using the SATA DVDRW.....

I have found that the most stable eno NForceLAN kext for me has been the nForceLAN.kext 0.62.13n......but I also have a Netgear GA311 Gigabit NIC that uses Realtek RTL8169 chipset, so it works out the box with AppleEthernetRTL8169.kext or the Psystar R1000.kext......

I thought you were already using eno's nForceLAN.kext so that is why I focussed on IO* kexts and AppleNforceATA.....but the incorrect LAN driver will cause similar problems....locking up unless you boot with cpus=1 maxmem=2048.......

It's cool, I'm working on getting my dvd to read or write. It's there ad gets the info of files and stuff on the disk. But I cannot play anything or pull anything from the disk at all. So I'm going to up to his applynforceata test and hope for the best

It's cool, I'm working on getting my dvd to read or write. It's there ad gets the info of files and stuff on the disk. But I cannot play anything or pull anything from the disk at all. So I'm going to up to his applynforceata test and hope for the best

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! The newest test ata drivers for nforce worked for me. I NOW HAVE A COMPLETELY OPERATIONAL NFORCE 750i MAC! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO Along with all SATA HDD and DVDRW and the new GTX260!

• 1 month later...

I have been fighting with the xfx 750i for a week now I have ideneb 1.6 10.5.8 lite and a nvidia 9500 with one gig on board could you please tell me what settings you used for install and bios? what fixes etc ?

mrmojo@lostlight.net

I am about ready to cry here its been 7 days non stop my vacation time is almost all gone ;(

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! The newest test ata drivers for nforce worked for me. I NOW HAVE A COMPLETELY OPERATIONAL NFORCE 750i MAC! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO Along with all SATA HDD and DVDRW and the new GTX260!

• 4 weeks later...
I have been fighting with the xfx 750i for a week now I have ideneb 1.6 10.5.8 lite and a nvidia 9500 with one gig on board could you please tell me what settings you used for install and bios? what fixes etc ?

mrmojo@lostlight.net

I am about ready to cry here its been 7 days non stop my vacation time is almost all gone ;(

Anyone having issues with a self-assigned IP address after a while of surfing. The NIC just drops its IP and pulls a 169 address.

I'm using a realtek 8169s card, with the apple8169 kext, have tried the psystar R1000 kext as well. No help there.

Asus p5nd

Nforce 750i

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Vanilla

DSDT Mod