Sony DCR-HC51E not recognized by iMovie 08

toilleurs

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a problem! I have a Sony DCR-HC51E dv camera that I connect to my Hackintosh with a Firewire cable 4pin/4pin (my notebbok has only this Firewire plug). The camera is proprely recognized in System Profiler, but when I open iMovie 08 (with the camera on and in play/edit mode) the software don't see the camera. What can I do? I have updated also iMovie but nothing happened.

Thank you, sorry for the English!!

1. Try to use some other software, (I don't know of the options, you have to Google it yourself).
  2. Try the USB port, if your camera comes with a USB cable.

Although I don't think it has got anything to do with a hackintosh, if you have access to a Mac, you can try running iMovie in that and them connect your cam to it.

P.S. Your English is reasonably OK, one can easily make out what you intended to say, so chill :)

1. Try to use some other software, (I don't know of the options, you have to Google it yourself).
  2. Try the USB port, if your camera comes with a USB cable.

Although I don't think it has got anything to do with a hackintosh, if you have access to a Mac, you can try running iMovie in that and them connect your cam to it.

P.S. Your English is reasonably OK, one can easily make out what you intended to say, so chill :(

Thank you for the reply!

1. I tried also Final Cut but I have the same results, camera not found.

2. There isn't a usb cable for my camera, only firewire. :)

Maybe I know a friend with a macbook, I'll try on it!

• 3 weeks later...
And suppose that even your friend's MacBook fails to recognise the camera, then try to connect some other device to your hackint0sh, say another camcorder or a digicam for example.

Hi! Yesterday I tried to connect my camera to a friend's macbook pro, and the camera is recognized by iMovie 08. In system preferences the camera was listed as in my hackintosh. The only difference is that my hackintosh has a 4pin firewire than I use a 4pin/4pin cable. The macbook pro has a 6pin firewire than we connected it with a 4pin/6pin cable. :) Help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...