Help with 950GMA Intel Card

Satellit3

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys Noob here, I got a Dell Latitude E6500 with Intel GMA950 Graphic card and I can't change the resloution or get Quartz Extreme Enabled can someone plz help me :( I've been trying to figure it out for days and i can't oh by the way im using iAtokos 10.5.7 because i need iMovie and Final Cut here are my specs:

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0007

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

• 1 month later...

Well, for the GMA 950 the stock kexts from iPC 10.5.6 work, so I will include a installer for the Intel GMA 950 driver I used. If it doesn't work then go look at this post, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127615 it will at least get you more resolutions. Make sure to try the one I included first though.

GMA950.zip

thanks for the link...

I got it working using an efi string and the sleep display solution (and just in case I have the expose corner enabled too) and the stock Snow Leopard kexts.

also Big... HUGE thanks to TheGreatDeceiver... dude without your posts I would have done nothing :D

if anyone needs detailed instructions... drop me a line and I will create a topic for that laptop model.

I am soo happy... even got my external 24" display to work.

p.s. dell 640m rulez :( only that stupid video ruins the experience.

thanks for the link...

I got it working using an efi string and the sleep display solution (and just in case I have the expose corner enabled too) and the stock Snow Leopard kexts.

also Big... HUGE thanks to TheGreatDeceiver... dude without your posts I would have done nothing :)

if anyone needs detailed instructions... drop me a line and I will create a topic for that laptop model.

p.s. dell 640m rulez :) only that stupid video ruins the experience.

Could you explain that in more detail please? Thanks!

thanks for the link...

also Big... HUGE thanks to TheGreatDeceiver... dude without your posts I would have done nothing :)

p.s. dell 640m rulez :( only that stupid video ruins the experience.

How how how?! I've been trying! I made a efi string In Leo and put that in my boot.plist and then I didn't add any extra drivers that's gfx related and it will Install perfectly and when I boot with -v or -v arch=i386 and no errors occur it just goes to a black screen.

What should I do!!

thanks for the link...

p.s. dell 640m rulez :rolleyes: only that stupid video ruins the experience.

How how how?! I've been trying! I made a efi string In Leo and put that in my boot.plist and then I didn't add any extra drivers that's gfx related and it will Install perfectly and when I boot with -v or -v arch=i386 and no errors occur it just goes to a black screen.

What should I do!!

• 8 months later...