10.5.8 Update issues [works on S10e]

drdaco

4 posts in this topic

So I plunged a perfectly working Lenovo S10e into the abyss of updates to 10.5.8...on purpose. Had iAKTOS v5 working well, but then...

After the update it got stuck on rebooting...MACH Reboot problem.

After a manual reboot, used -f -s -v flags and ran many fsck hoping to get a clean bill of health. After the 2 fsck, it told me to reboot now...did 3 more, it didn't change, so I entered reboot -n preventing sync.

2nd reboot: came through, screen was messed up again, lost AE too. Used OSX86Tools to replace the drivers that were working prior to update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.8. Reboot again.

3rd: I noticed page_transform: in_blk while booting in verbose...then gray apple screen with several streaked apple logos, but WITH perfectly working mouse. that was it...nothing more...no menu no desktop nothing. Read something about 10.5.6 freezing and so I deleted contents in /var/db/dyld/ cache, because I couldn't force a safe boot.

4th: more fsck, more mouting, again page_transforms, but now black streaks with mouse, no desktop. Wrote down errors noticed some issues with a Voodoo sleep kext I had tried.

5th: removed voodoo kext, removed GMA950 kext dirs, edited AE Info.plist to add 4315.

6th: reboot, goes into desktop, screen resolution messed up again, sound drivers worked with Audieee, but in console I see update_dyld_shared_cache for arch=i386 failed... come to think of it, I might have deleted the whole dyld folder...dumb move.

Anyway, that's where I'm at with 10.5.8, prehaps someone has gotten further with GMA950 drivers? Meanwhile I'll keep trying.

indeed I had...recreated /var/db/dyld/ and /var/db/dyld/shared_region_roots/

then ran the same command respawning in my console: update_dyld_shared_cache -force

come to think of it, I might have deleted the whole dyld folder...dumb move.

Thanks Olotiar... does it say just GMA950.kext or AppleIntelGMA950.kext

I have a GMA950 on my Dell Inspiron 6400. I did the update this afternoon, and got it working using the stock 10.5.8 GMA950.kext and the old AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from tiger

indeed I had...recreated /var/db/dyld/ and /var/db/dyld/shared_region_roots/

then ran the same command respawning in my console: update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Thanks Olotiar... does it say just GMA950.kext or AppleIntelGMA950.kext

10.5.8 GMA950 is working with the S10e drivers provided here: Drivers

inside the no-natit-sometimes-fragments ... folder. Upon reboot it froze, so removed only the AppleIntelGMA950.kext thinking I'd try a new one...then reboot again and it worked? can't really explain in...dyld_shared_cache keeps respawning...going to figure that out next.

BTW, mirroring works