How can I find out what kexts, patches, fixes, etc. I have installed?

lieferant

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I successfully installed iPC 10.5.6 PPF6 on my Dell Optiplex GX270. Altough I needed 5 attempts I finally managed it.

The problem however is, that I didn't write down what kexts, patches, etc. I used for my final and working attempt... :(

So how can I find out what kexts, patches, etc. I have installed?

I already had a look into system/library/extensions, but as I'm new to OS X I don't really get it...

so please help me find out what kexts, patches etc. I installed!

Many thanks in advance.

That doesn't tell him which kexts are modified and which kexts are clean though. But he can see which ones are non-Apple kexts.

Another way to do the same thing is opening System Profiler and clicking 'Extensions' in the list.

You'll need a lot of work to do that :)

If you haven't delete your log, try this, type console in spotlight.

Look for something say install.log.???.??? (mine is install.log.1.bz2).

It's under LOG FILES > var/log

Here screenshot of mine show original setup

th_82375_console_122_974lo.jpg

Maybe just maybe if you patience enough to scroll through bottom you'll find all your custom patches. ;)

It also helps to know what are the most common things that get modified, removed or added on a Hackintosh OSX install.

Off the top of my head, but there is more than this..

DSMOS.kext or AppleDecrypt.kext (never delete this, it's mandatory for installing OS X on non-Apple hardware)

Powermanagement (APIC/ACPI kexts, whatever the name of the kext that takes care of battery management on laptops)

IOPCIFamily.kext

USB kexts

Removal of AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, or

A disabler.kext (a handful of variants with various names exist) which can prevent it and other kexts from loading.

Modified AppleSMBIOS.kext or SMBIOS enabler (there are many different ones)

Video (Intel GMA/ATI/Nvidia kexts with added device IDs and/or enablers/injector.kexts)

Sound (AppleAzaliaAudio, AppleHDA.kext and or HDAEnabler, others)

LAN (IONetworkingFamily.kext and the plugins folder inside it)

modifications in com.apple.Boot.plist such as kernel flags and loading of alternative kernel

PATA controller kexts (added or patched) such as AppleVIAATA.kext or JMicron.kext

SATA AHCI controller kexts - mostly with added device IDs for Intel ICHx southbridge and external (orange) drive icons fix

mach_kernel at root of the drive - can be a modified kernel, maybe there are several kernels at root.

System.kext, Seatbelt.kext to match kernel version if using a kernel that doesn't match the system version

Any kext with Legacy in its name

Some stuff is usually missing to fit everything on a single layer DVD, like voices and languages

DSDT.aml, smbios.plist, your bootloader

OpenHaltRestart.kext, VoodooPower.kext, anything with Voodoo in its name.