hi all!

i have trouble getting my system running. my hardware is:

ECS X58B-A2

i7 - 920

HDD 1000 GB / SATA 2

Geforce GTX 27

i used this guide to install:

How to...

as it fitted my hardware most of the all the guides i found.

installing worked without a glitch, but after booting, it hangs at:

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

i tried all bios settings and booting with -v -f cpus=1 busratio=20 with the same result. also tried 9.7.0 voodo kernel.

i searched the forum for 2 days, but all recommended solutions (dsdt modifying) asume, that you can boot with cpus=1, which i can´t.

as i don´t really understand the dsdt thing after reading all information i found i´m searching for help here.

any information appreciated.

thanx!

did i ask something stupid or use the wrong forum or somthing like this? i´m new here, please let me know, if so.

i finally got it starting. i had apic installed when the issue showed up. then i installed x86 -> kernel crash.

after installing apic again, it´s starting with cpus=1

i use iATKOS v7. here is what i have chosen:

iATKOS v7 main installation

camelion v2

dsdt

dsmos

apic

remote tymce

nvida gt200

natit

agci

realtech r1000

post install script

if i boot with cpus=1, it boots up, then the screen goes black for about 2 minutes and them, tatahh, it´s up and running.

if i boot without cpus=1 (cpus=2 works also), i get a kernel crash. see picture on end.

all solutions i found pointed on DSDT. i did not really understand it, but i patched my dsdt using FASSL Version 1.0.1e (with no errors and 75 optimizations) and replace my dsdt in root with the patched one. did not change anything unfortunately.

any help appreciated. also a hint to the "black monitor for 2 minutes" issue would be great.

thanx.

ohencpus1crash.jpg

No wonder you don't get answer, you gave too few detail on your hardware.

What chipset your mobo has (better if you can provide both North Bridge and South Bridge), If it has Audio (onboard or not, what chipset and model), LAN, PATA/SATA drive controller, etc, etc.

In Windows you can look at Device Manager or tools like Everest and cpu-z will show your hardware details.

All I can tell you here about your custom installation, seems to me you chose too many than your need.

I quoted from Mickey Mouse Guide origin from uphuck forum

http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4145

DSDT:

Only select it if you have to use the cpus=1 flag to boot the DVD or the installed system.

VGA DRIVERS: Well, i normally recommend don´t install any till you sucessfully finish the install, so you avoid possible graphic driver failures that can confuse you even more... after install you boot again the dvd and try them.

Check if they work, if they don´t work , boot with the kernel flag -x (safe mode) and ask for help on the forum.

If you can´t boot your Nvidia card even don´t selecting any driver, then use the "Remove NVDAResman" , so you can boot on your system without the Apple resolution driver, later you will have to look for the right driver for your card (and be sure that driver includes the driver you have removed).

Don´t select EFI string and injector at the same time, one or the other, please. And just select one injector each time.

You select nvidia gt200 and natit, what is it for?

Any particular reason to choose Remove TyMCE kext, Realtek R1000?

AGCI? what AGCI?

Also I don't see you chose any SATA/IDE driver ;)

So I recommend you to post more detail on your hardware, search around forum and in the end you will know what to choose when installing. :)

So I recommend you to post more detail on your hardware, search around forum and in the end you will know what to choose when installing.

thanx for the answer. i searched the forum and read the Mickey Mouse Guide. hardware details are:

mobo: ECS X58B-A2

processor: i7 - 920

chipset: X58 &ICH10R

satta: intel 82801ji sata ahci

lan: realtech RTL8111/868B

audio: realtech ALC 888S

ram: 6 GB ddr3 tripplechannel 1333mhz

HDD 1000 GB / SATA 2

grafic: Geforce GTX 275

i first installed as less as possible like recommended. no grafic aso.

i can boot the iATKOS v7 DVD only with cpus=1 busratio=20

this was my first working install, but it boots only with cpus=1 or cpus=2:

camelion v2

dsmos

apic

ahci

realtech r1000

post install script

the screen (see picture) states "should have 4 cores but only fount 3" if i boot without cpus=1

as the guides say:

DSDT:

Only select it if you have to use the cpus=1 flag to boot the DVD or the installed system.

i have chosen dsdt in the next installation, which did not change anything so far. also, i tried to get the Geforce GTX 275 working by installing the nvida GT200 driver, but the screen stays black.

the natit infos say, "you might need this for GTX2xx" cards, so i also installed it.

after booting, the screen stays black for about 2 minutes and then osx pops up. grafic card looks full supported from this point on. all resolutions are there aso. note: on the first startup, when the "welcome, wilkommen.." screen of osx shows up, it does not take 2 minutes, but afterwards on every restart.

as some threads pointed on the kernel regarding the cpus=1 issue, i tried vodoo 9.7 kernel as well. same result.

so my current installation is:

camelion v2

dsmos

apic

nvida gt200

natit

ahci

realtech r1000

post install script

problems:

1) no boot without cpus=1

2) 2 minutes black screen after boot. grafic fine afterwards

all i found in the forum regarding 1) was patching the dsdt file. i used FASSL Version 1.0.1e (with no errors and 75 optimizations) and replace my dsdt in root with the patched one. did not change anything.

i also tried several bios settings with no luck. right now i disabled any speedstepping, hyperthreadding, vt.

let me know, what else you need to know and where i´m unclear.

• 4 weeks later...

success!! (partly)

here is what i did.

you need:

1) iATKOS v7 DVD

2) fassl DSDT_Patcher 1

my spex:

mobo: ECS X58B-A2

processor: i7 - 920

chipset: X58 &ICH10R

satta: intel 82801ji sata ahci

lan: realtech RTL8111/868B

audio: realtech ALC 888S

ram: 6 GB ddr3 tripplechannel 1333mhz

HDD 1000 GB / SATA 2

grafic: Geforce GTX 275

- boot the iATKOS v7 DVD only with cpus=1 busratio=20

- in custom install, choose:

camelion v2

dsdt

dsmos

voodo 9.7 kernel

apic

ahci

realtech r1000

post install script

for my Geforce GTX 275:

nvida GT200

natit

I use an external soundcard, so i did not choose any drivers.

restart with: -f cpus=1

now you have to patch the dsdt:

Open up the DSDT Patcher file, a terminal will launch.

Next it will say, Press any key to continue. Go ahead and press Enter on your keyboard.

"Which OS to Emulate [0=Darwin, 1=WinXP, 2=WinVista]" -> hit 0 for Darwin and press Enter.

Go back to the DSDT Folder. You will find two additional files/folders were created:

- Debug

- dsdt.aml

Open up the Debug folder, locate a file called dsdt.dsl.

Right click on this file and open it with TextEdit.

Locate the Alias CPU section (just run a search and type in the word CPU). It looks somthing like this:

{

Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}

Processor (P002, 0x02, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P002, CPU2)

Processor (P003, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P004, 0x04, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P004, CPU4)

Processor (P005, 0x06, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}

Processor (P006, 0x06, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P006, CPU6)

Processor (P007, 0x07, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P008, 0x08, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P008, CPU8)

}

Delete the Alias lines. The result should look something like this:

{

Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}

Processor (P002, 0x02, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P003, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P004, 0x04, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P005, 0x06, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}

Processor (P006, 0x06, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P007, 0x07, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P008, 0x08, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

}

Save the file and close it.

Drag the dsdt.dsl file to your desktop.

Go back to your DSDT Patcher folder, delete the Debug folder and the dsdt.aml file (NOT the dsdt.dsl file you just saved to your desktop).

Open the Terminal. Before opening the Terminal application, make sure the DSDT Patcher terminal has been closed.

Drag and drop the DSDT Patcher file which is located within your DSDT Patcher folder in the Terminal.

Hit the spacebar.

Drag and drop the dsdt.dsl file (the one you saved to your desktop) into the Terminal.

Hit Enter.

Next it will say, Press any key to continue. Go ahead and press Enter on your keyboard.

"Which OS to Emulate [0=Darwin, 1=WinXP, 2=WinVista]" -> hit 0 for Darwin and press Enter.

Take the patched version of the dsdt.aml file located within the DSDT Patcher folder and rename it to DSDT.aml.

Go to your root drive and replace the DSDT.aml file with the new, patched DSDT.aml file.

Restart your computer. it should boot automatically using 4 cores.

I still have some ISSUES, I coiuld need help for:

1) long boot time

on botting the system, it hangs for about 2 minutes at:

acpi_smc_platformplugin::getCPU_PSSdata - _PSS evaluation failed timed out interfacenamer: timed out waiting for iokit to quiesce.

afterwards, it boots up fine. I would be helpful for any hints, as this is my main issue.

2) sleep

when going into sleep mode, the computer turns completly off. i have tried OHR with no success.

not to bad for me, i set sleep to "never" in the system prefs.

3) Bus/memory speed

the profiler says: memory Type: DDR2 SDRAM, Speed: 667 MHz

Bus speed: 533 mhz

As mentioned, my real memory is: DDR3 Speicher Triple Channel 1333MHz

I don´t know, if this are the real values in the profiler. if someone knows a link for more information, please let me know.

4) -v shows errors

booting with -v, I see sveral errors. i get:

- "acpi_scm_plattformPlugin::getCPU_PSSdata - _PSS evaluation failed" at least 10 times. No idea what it means.

- "ERROR: firewire unable to determine security mode; defaulting to full secure", even if firewire works very good. i use a Digi002 FW audio interface.

- "iokit wait quiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols". No idea what it means. Hints appreciated!

I will post, if I come any further. Help or links to help regarding my issues (especially long boot hang) would be so greate.

thx.

• 4 weeks later...

fully running

1) long boot time on botting the system, it hangs for about 2 minutes at:

acpi_smc_platformplugin::getCPU_PSSdata - _PSS evaluation failed timed out interfacenamer: timed out waiting for iokit to quiesce. afterwards, it boots up fine.

I solved this issue by enabling hyperthreadding and virtualisation in the BIOS.

4) -v shows errors

booting with -v, I see sveral errors. i get:

- "acpi_scm_plattformPlugin::getCPU_PSSdata - _PSS evaluation failed" at least 10 times. No idea what it means.

- "ERROR: firewire unable to determine security mode; defaulting to full secure", even if firewire works very good. i use a Digi002 FW audio interface.

Solved by installing Cameleon Bootloader v2 RC2

Maybe this helps someone else who´s getting no answers like me.