[sell/trade] i7 Hackintosh

Goz

12 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about my Hackintosh addiction lately and have decided that I have a few too many. I have a Core2Duo, Quad 9550, and an i7 rig and I'd like to sell the i7 to fund a purchase of a macbook or trade it for one.

Here are the current specs:

Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm

Intel i7 920 overclocked to 3.8Ghz

12GB Corsair DDR3 PC1600Mhz

Cooler Master V8 Heatsink

NVIDIA 9800 512MB

SAMSUNG 500GB HDD

WD Velociraptor 10K RPM 300GB HDD

24X Optiarc DVD+- DVDRW

IR Receiver and Apple Remote

I have it currently in an ANTEC 900 case and can sell it cased or without a case to keep the cost down (shipping and additional cost to the asking price). If I were to sell it cased I think $1,000 USD shipped in the continental US is a good price. Without a case $925 shipped in the US.

I can try to snap some pics if anyone wants to see the current case but it would be easier if I didnt have to ship a case.

The overclock is very stable and the cores hover between 45 and 48C. I haven't tried to push it any higher as I was happy with the speed and the temp.

I've included some screen shots showing geekbench score and core temps. If anyone would like additional info please let me know.

As far as trades again Im shooting for 15" or larger macbook 2.4Ghz or higher CPU...

Thanks for looking

{edited because I listed the RAM manufacturer incorrectly}

post-134996-1249569630_thumb.png

post-134996-1249569652_thumb.png

post-134996-1249569740_thumb.png

Hi Goz,

I was about to order parts to build my first hackintosh and bumped into your post. You have me intrigued.

I was strongly leaning toward the gigabyte x58 UD5 because it seems to be well supported here - and haven't read as much about the asus.

I am a mac user going way back and have no trouble swapping hardware in my macbook pro etc. - but I'm a noob at this stuff. If I bought this from you - would you be available for occasional handholding should I need to re-install or tweak a thing or two?

Please email me at noams@comcast.net as I have some other questions re. this build

thanks, - noam

Damn, I really wanted it. :D

I think I will have to build it myself now from your hardware list....which is going to be a learning experience for me. ;)

Any tips on what guides i should follow and any specific issues you encountered?