Iatkosv7 Success on 780i!

10 posts in this topic

Ok guys, so this is for anyone with similar hardware as me, who comes accross this via google or this site trying to find a solution. My hardware is as follows:

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0GHZ

780i EVGA nforce Mother Board

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 896MB

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB HD

OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066

SIGMA SHARK SP-635 635W

APEVIA X-SUPRA G-Type Blue Case

Realtek lan card (PCI)

Ive tried many installers. Kalyway 10.5.2 installs, so does ideneb 10.5.5 and 10.5.6, but they become unstable when transfering files. Leo4allv5 works like a charm, downside, its server, and is 10.5.4, and I cannot install the graphics that way, so that wouldnt do.

SO, I installed iatkos v7 with the following options:

Bootloader:

-Chameleon v2

X86 Patches

-/Extra directory

-DSDT

Decrypters

-AppleDecrypt

Kernel

-9.7.0 Kernel Voodoo

ACPI

-x86 ACPI

-Disabler

Drivers:

System:

SATA/IDE

-nForce SATA/IDE

Sound

-Azalia Audio Driver

Post-Install Actions

I did not install graphics through the installer as I couldnt figure out which enabler to use. So after installation, I installed:

-gt200_drivers_pkg 00-13-49.pkg

-Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg

And then graphics work fine as well. The os is completely stable, the only problem is the ram does not appear correctly, but who knows. My external hard drives boot up fine, and even my firewire external hard drive works flawlessly. The system does not freeze while transfering files. Shut down/restart does not work, i have to press the button, but a small price to pay for a fully working mac osx on my rig. Check out the screen shot for graphics information. Anyway, comment if this helped you in anyway, or feel free to ask questions.

-Mike

post-88532-1249052671_thumb.png

I have the older one, 680i series.

I look through your custom installation and you have selected DSDT patcher.

Here I quote from Mickey Mouse Guide iATKOS v7

DSDT:

Only select it if you have to use the cpus=1 flag to boot the DVD or the installed system.

More information here:

source:

http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4145

I'm not sure about 790i but for my system installation just like yours except I don't chose DSDT and in addition I selected USB & OHR. Working fine but I have a problem with 4GB RAM :D still searching for solution.

Hmm, I will give it a try without selecting the dsdt. Im pretty sure it comes selected, so I just left it checked. OHR i have selected, and it doesnt fix my shut down/restart problem, where I click shut down, and it proceedes to do so, then the screens go black, but the power light and fans still go rotating. So who knows.

Do you boot the dvd with "maxmem=2048"? Because unless I do that, iatkos will freeze during the installation. What is your ram problem? My ram is 1033 HMZ but it reads as 667mhz.

From my experience, I recommend clean install if you like to try again.

For comparison sake, here a full list my very last installation after many trial and error:

System Detail:

Asus P5N32-E SLI 680i Chipset BIOS Revision 1503

Asus NVIDIA 7600 GT

2 GB RAM (on installation)

SATA HD 80 GB

PCI Ethernet Card R1000 family (*not sure really :thumbsup_anim: )

DVD-RW USB External

Custom Installation:

iATKOS v7 Main System

Bootloader:

Chameleon v2

X86 Patches:

/Extra directory

Decrypters: Apple Decrypt

Kernel: 9.7.0

ACPI: x86 ACPI

Disabler

OHR

Drivers:

VGA:

NVdarwin (for Asus NVIDIA 7600 GT)

System:

SATA/IDE: nForce SATA/IDE

USB

Sound: Azalia Audio Driver, NTFS 3G

Network: Realtek R1000 (for PCI NIC Card)

in BIOS I disabled RAID and nForce LAN onboard.

I installed my system with 2GB RAM no problem. Now I upgraded to 4GB RAM and that's where random KP occur.

If I choose one of any SMBIOS drivers I have same problem as you, system don't shutdown properly. I'm not sure if they are related but it works for my system.

I think that ram read as 667 is cosmetic things but I'm not sure. Maybe you can use benchmark software to test it.

• 2 weeks later...