RME - DIGI96/8 PST

martisti

7 posts in this topic

I do believe that the standard drivers from the RME website will work. I have an RME 96/8 with the 8 in and 8 out D/A expansion cards.. sadly though my cards were made too early... If your card was manufactured before a certain date it CANNOT be modified to work on osx. If, however you are lucky and its not too old, you can send it to RME and they will mod it for you FOR FREE... but it may take a while to get it back... I think the cmos chip on it needs to be changed on some cards.. maybe thats the 96/52? anyway... read up about it on the rme website... they have it all in bold red writing so you know about it.

Also... there may only be drivers for Tiger, as these cards were discontinued a while ago and Leopard may not have been around yet... at least that was the case for my old card...

You have given lease to new life in my search for drivers and a working sollution for my card... I might go try it out again and see if i can get it working!

cheers

Rama

• 4 weeks later...
My old 9632 PCI works fine in OSX with the standard drivers from RME website, but as far as i've heard it's their only PCI card that works on Intel.

which OSX version ? which RME-driver version ? is your hammerfall the non-DSP or the DSP-version ?

I had not tried it yet, but Matthias Carstens on RME-forums told me, that the driver for the old hammerfall (non-DSP) is not intel compatible on OS X 10.5.

future_former

which OSX version ? which RME-driver version ? is your hammerfall the non-DSP or the DSP-version ?

I had not tried it yet, but Matthias Carstens on RME-forums told me, that the driver for the old hammerfall (non-DSP) is not intel compatible on OS X 10.5.

future_former

I've tried it in all versions of Leopard from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 with the driver from RME website, currently it runs on v1.73.

It's a Hammerfall DSP and i bought it new somewhere between 2005 to 2006, haven't even heard of non-DSP versions...