Asking Help on dell D620 + iatkos v7

zjx2585

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I am installing iatkos v7 on my dell d620. I think it's just a step to success. I can hear the intro audio after booting without any parameters, but the display is black, or shows a 4:3 gray screen. It is same when I switch to the external screen. I can get mouse pointer and can move it around the screen. Just the display is dead.

My D620 is a common config

Intel Core duo 1.67 on GM945 chipset + 1GB RAM + GMA950 + Dell wireless +Broadcom LAN (i guess)

My customization before installation is here, I only show chosen items.

Chameleon v2

Extra directory

DSDT

Decrypters

AppleDecrypt

dsmos

SMBIOS-EFI Air

AppleSMBIOS-28

9.7.0 Kernel voodoo

APIC driver

Disabler

GMA 950 Laptop

Intel SATA/IDE

Intel Speedstep

Speedstep Driver

Throttling Control (一

CardBus driver

USB

Sound

Voodoo HDA driver

Voodoo PS/2 driver

Laptop Battery

Broadcom BCM578xM

Broadcom BCM43xx

Thanks lot!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I am installing iatkos v7 on my dell d620. I think it's just a step to success. I can hear the intro audio after booting without any parameters, but the display is black, or shows a 4:3 gray screen. It is same when I switch to the external screen. I can get mouse pointer and can move it around the screen. Just the display is dead.

My D620 is a common config
Intel Core duo 1.67 on GM945 chipset + 1GB RAM + GMA950 + Dell wireless +Broadcom LAN (i guess)

My customization before installation is here, I only show chosen items.

Chameleon v2
Extra directory
DSDT
Decrypters
AppleDecrypt
dsmos

SMBIOS-EFI Air
AppleSMBIOS-28
9.7.0 Kernel voodoo
APIC driver
Disabler
GMA 950 Laptop
Intel SATA/IDE
Intel Speedstep
Speedstep Driver
Throttling Control (一

CardBus driver
USB
Sound
Voodoo HDA driver
Voodoo PS/2 driver
Laptop Battery
Broadcom BCM578xM
Broadcom BCM43xx

Thanks lot!

hello,
it's same for me , only black screen!
do you find the solution??
thanks

• 4 months later...

Well, Guys

You Should Pick :

Driver - VGA ( 3 driver for intel )

Intel EFI ( i dont quiet remember the name )

GMA 950 Laptop

GMA 950 Rare

After Installation you should replace the GMA driver with these files on the link :

GMA 950 kext work with CI / QE

on post #6 by joolay

and for BCM5752 you can use :

BCM5752 Working Kext

on POst #584 by AlexD

Hope It's still useful ;)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the info guys. I have my first ever fully functional Hackintosh system :D Everything went without a hitch, and all I'm waiting for is the compatible Dell Wifi card, because the 3495 is meant to be a little tricky...

For reference purposes...

My system: Dell Latitude D620, 2.33GHz Intel C2D Processor, 3GB ram, Intel GMA950 Graphics, Broadcom 5752 LAN.

I ran an install using iAtkos V7, with -x and -v at the beginning.

I chose the following options from the customise screen:

iAtkos system, Chameleon V2, Extra directory, DSDT, (Decrypters) AppleDecrypt, dsmos, SMBIOS-EFI Air, AppleSMBIOS-28, 9.7.0 Kernel voodoo, Disabler, Intel EFI, GMA 950 Laptop, GMA 950 Rare, Intel SATA/IDE, Intel Speedstep, Speedstep Driver, Throttling Control, Voodoo HDA driver, Apple HDA, Voodoo PS/2 driver (with Trackpad), Laptop Battery, NTFS 3G, BCM5752

Hope it helps somebody out there.

Roboto :robot:

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all the info guys. I have my first ever fully functional Hackintosh system :wallbash: Everything went without a hitch, and all I'm waiting for is the compatible Dell Wifi card, because the 3495 is meant to be a little tricky...

My system: Dell Latitude D620, 2.33GHz Intel C2D Processor, 3GB ram, Intel GMA950 Graphics, Broadcom 5752 LAN.

iAtkos system, Chameleon V2, Extra directory, DSDT, (Decrypters) AppleDecrypt, dsmos, SMBIOS-EFI Air, AppleSMBIOS-28, 9.7.0 Kernel voodoo, Disabler, Intel EFI, GMA 950 Laptop, GMA 950 Rare, Intel SATA/IDE, Intel Speedstep, Speedstep Driver, Throttling Control, Voodoo HDA driver, Apple HDA, Voodoo PS/2 driver (with Trackpad), Laptop Battery, NTFS 3G, BCM5752

Roboto :)

I followed the configuration above and then applied an update for the graphics card to get a better resolution. Link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=35114

All is now working except ethernet and wifi... However, after weeks of trying to get this to work on my D620 - Finally everything else is working!!! THANKYOU to ALL!

• 2 months later...

Yes it helped me out!! I was searching high and low for this exact thing! Thank you so much!!

Thanks for all the info guys. I have my first ever fully functional Hackintosh system B) Everything went without a hitch, and all I'm waiting for is the compatible Dell Wifi card, because the 3495 is meant to be a little tricky...

Roboto :blink:

• 1 month later...
Yes it helped me out!! I was searching high and low for this exact thing! Thank you so much!!

I got a Dell D620 and it is fully functional on iaktos v7 (upgraded directly mac 10.5.8) except ethernet. I have dell 1390 wifi and is working.

My graphic card is nvidia quadro nvs 110m and I need some solution to fix it. Other than this, I could not find com.apple.boot.plist to make changes and use string cpus=1 to make it work, I had to change the CPU core setting into my BIOS and when using windows 7, I have to chagne the BIOS everytime.

Any help on the above two problems will be higly appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys i had the very same problem with my dell d630 and i now i have mac 10.5.8 running on it the screen will appear blank because of intel graphic card issues and to by past the blank screen you need to boot you laptop with an external screen with the lid close till you see the apple boot logo then open your d620 0r 30 like me and then laptop screen should power up and your good to go one more thing you need a broadcom wireless card to get connected online

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all the info guys. I have my first ever fully functional Hackintosh system :D Everything went without a hitch, and all I'm waiting for is the compatible Dell Wifi card, because the 3495 is meant to be a little tricky...

Roboto :)

Did this allow you to have dual core enabled? And also are you able to run software such as ilife and parallels?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi there all D620 GMA950 (27A2) owners,

I have uploaded an Extra folder.

It has all the goodies needed for 10.6 up to version 10.6.8 (tested from 10.6.5) on Dell Latitude D620 GMA950 (27A2 only).

Simply including this folder at the drive root + AsereBLN bootloader, Voodoo HDA, Voodoo PS2 keyboard and trackpad will give you a very sweet system. Read the blurb below for more info.

Note (just in case): Lion install is not possible on many D620's without upgrading the CPU.

It may show as Core2Duo, but it's really only a CoreDuo (32bit).

Use CPU-X to find actual CPU model.

Notes:

~≈ UPDATE: I upgraded to 10.6.8 and this still works ≈~

This is an Extra folder packed with solutions* to get a Dell D620, running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 thru 10.6.8, to have working GMA950 27A2 card. ie. it probably won't work with GMA950 27AE, and definitely not NVIDIA X3100. It has worked on most Dell D620's (GMA950 27A2), though there was this one..

If you install MacOS 10.6.8 / 7 / 6 (possibly earlier) to an external device on another Mac, all you need to do is drop this folder in, then install AsereBLN (or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) to the device.

You will then have a bootable Dell D620 to install / clone to.

*contains:

 EFI string for GMA950 in boot.plist

 DSDT.aml

 GMA950 ROM file

 com.apple.boot.plist with many tweaks

 kexts carefully selected for 10.6.8 on D620

Simba

Extra_D620_10.6.6.dmg.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, i am new to the OSx86 Project. I found out recently that you can put this on a dell d620, which i happen to have from work.

I have gotten it loaded up using iAKTOS V7 and it seems to work great. I installed the drivers for the Network card and PS2 found here. The only issue i seem to be having is Video. I have the 945gm Graphics Card.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_01C21028&REV_03\3&61AAA01&0&10

Above is the hardware id i pulled from xp before formatting. if i am reading this right i have the 27A2 version. I have installed a few of the 950 driver kext and each one i install the system becomes unbootable.

My only issue is the video resolution is 1024 X 768 Is there a way to increase this?

Currently i am on a clean install with the following options selected from the installer, any guidance would be great.

If i upgrade to snow leopard would i have better luck?

· iATKOS V7 Main System

o Chameleon V2

o /Extra Directory

o DSDT

§ AppleDecrypt

§ Dsmos

· SMBIOS-EFI Air

· AppleSMBIOS-28

§ 9.7.0 Kernel voodoo

o Disabler

· EFI string for Intel

o GMA 950 Laptop

o GMA 950 Rare

· Intel SATA/IDE

· Speedstep Driver

· Throttling Controller

· Voodoo HDA Driver

· AppleHDA 10.5.6

· Voodoo PS/2 Driver With Trackpad Plugin (Unstable and causes boots to hang, end up replacing it with a different kext)

§ Laptop Battery

§ NTFS-3G

o Broadcom BCM 5751 (end up reinstalling different kext to get wired nic to work)

o Broadcom BCM 578x

· Broadcom BCM4300x (not sure if you need this)

Yes, Snow Leopard is your best bet..

Though it's good that you have Leopard installed, because you can use it to make a USB installer for Snow Leopard.

I recommend using only external USB devices for now until you are sure you have a method that works.

Then use that method on the internal hard drive.

See my D620 guide + files at kexts.com Extra D620 10.6.8.zip

I recently tested this with 10.6.3 and it works.

"Dell D620 'Extra' folder

Full working¹ solution for D620 running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 thru 10.6.8

¹Note: only for D620's with GMA950 27A2 card.

ie. it probably won't work with GMA950 27AE, and definitely not NVIDIA X3100.

It has worked on all Dell D620's (GMA950 27A2) that I've tried, except for a particular one.. ☠

Instructions:

 Install MacOS 10.6.8 / 7 / 6 (possibly earlier) to an external USB device on another Mac / Hack²

 Drop this folder into the root (or create a folder called Extra at the root and copy the contents of my Extra into it)

 Install latest Chameleon to the device (you should probably repair it's permissions at this point)

 Plug the stick into the Dell (back ports are best). Start the Dell and press F2 to enter setup. In "Boot Options" set it to boot from USB device.

You should now have a bootable Dell D620 to install / clone to / from.

For creating a working installer, it's the same procedure except you have a cloned image of the InstallDVD on a USB to start with rather than an installation.

²Useful tip for Dell D6xx owners

The hard drive is very interchangeable - just undo the two screws on the bottom and the drive slips out of the side..

Now all you need is a SATA to USB adaptor or an external 2.5" drive casing

You can install or clone MacOS to the drive using a real Mac or Hackintosh.

Contains:

 EFI string for GMA950 in boot.plist

 DSDT.aml

 com.apple.boot.plist with many tweaks

 kexts carefully selected for 10.6.8 on D620

Thanks to Leppy and his original guide.

I'm not sure how much of it I'm still using in here (it's a mish-mash of solutions, none of which worked on their own)

- but his was the well-written basis for getting this working. "