Looking for ALC 889a that works on Gigabyte UD3R -10.5.7

VAD3R1

8 posts in this topic

I have tried several different kexts but yet no luck with them working...

Does anyone know a 889a Kext or other that work with gigabyte boards and can explain which install method worked cheers!!?

Having Mad problems with no onboard sound Am not able to get my waves plugs working without proper onoboard sound working!!!

Any help much appreciated.

I have the same problem with ALC 889a.

I've tried every option that I've found here, but no :blink:

I think I'm gonna give up now.

I've tried this:

1) ALCinject + 889a kext - NO GO

2) Several modified AppleHDA kextr + HDA enabler - some of them give me sound, but the sound is very bad - it is being interrupted every second or two, has a lot of noise...

3) Manual patching (I followed few guide I've found here) HDA kext with 889a codec dump for my sound chip (I got it with live ubuntu CD) - NO GO

4) Taruga's HDA patcher + 889a codec dump - gives me sound, but the sound is verybad, same as 2)

5) I've tried many patched kexts and guides here but it didnt help.

Is there any hope for my sound card? I don't know what else to try :)

Remove ALCinject, remove your old AppleHDA + HDA ( because might be some weird other versions ), in other words remove all other kext.

Then install

1. HDAEnabler_for_1057.zip

2. DSDT & 1.6.2a37 AppleHDA.kext (LayoutID = 885) for EP45-UD3R only

from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

I've the exact same motherboard, and working perfect now in 10.5.7

Remove ALCinject, remove your old AppleHDA + HDA ( because might be some weird other versions ), in other words remove all other kext.

Then install

1. HDAEnabler_for_1057.zip

2. DSDT & 1.6.2a37 AppleHDA.kext (LayoutID = 885) for EP45-UD3R only

from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

I've the exact same motherboard, and working perfect now in 10.5.7

OK Cheers for That, I will try this setup when I get home, Let ya know how this goes!

I have the same problem with ALC 889a.

I've tried every option that I've found here, but no :)

I think I'm gonna give up now.

I've tried this:

1) ALCinject + 889a kext - NO GO

2) Several modified AppleHDA kextr + HDA enabler - some of them give me sound, but the sound is very bad - it is being interrupted every second or two, has a lot of noise...

3) Manual patching (I followed few guide I've found here) HDA kext with 889a codec dump for my sound chip (I got it with live ubuntu CD) - NO GO

4) Taruga's HDA patcher + 889a codec dump - gives me sound, but the sound is verybad, same as 2)

5) I've tried many patched kexts and guides here but it didnt help.

Is there any hope for my sound card? I don't know what else to try :)

WHAT MOBO AND cpu are you running mate ? Also what version of OSX you trying to install ?

WHAT MOBO AND cpu are you running mate ? Also what version of OSX you trying to install ?

I have a Gigabyte 790X UD4P MBO with ALC 889a.

I've installed OS-X from previous 10.5.5 Time Machine backup (from previous configuration - I had a MBO with ALC850 sound wich I deleted from Extensions folder).

having same exact problems as retro, but i have an evga x58 3x SLI board... i have tried all those solutions and it shows up in the profiler under built in audio but there are never any devices available to choose.

ALC889a!

i've had it working before, but i installed something that gave me a KP.

ever since then i can't configure this flippin sound after fresh install!

Yeah this is Doing my Head in here still!!! .... I managed to get one Codec to post as 885 ... in the About Mac\Audio Listing of wats on the machine ...

Then patched it with something else and it changed to 889 .... but it still doesnt list any Mic line input etc .. bits and pieces!

Im going to have another go tomorrow & see if I can figure it out ... I downloaded the HexEdit_220.dmg and the Plist editor so hopefully tomorrow I should be able to get it working with alot of trial and error :)

anyone got a script to load .. Configuration into the kext ? ... Big part of the Problem is that were loading all these HDA kext and the Device ID in them is all Wrong ... hence they dont work .. of course!

Voodoo HDA sucks ass in that it doesnt show up as the Onboard Sound ... its must run sound via some strange route Cause my dam WAVES plugins ... wont Load with it!!!