ATI Radeon 4870, Original Drivers, Mouse Jumping/Stuttering/Lagging

Shauneh

3 posts in this topic

I thought it would be a good idea to buy the:

GA-GV-R487D5-1GD

This is a non-reference design by Gigabyte and it seem that it doesn't work well with the Original drivers from Apple.

From what I can tell the original drivers and this card card causes a stutter, lagging or jumping on my G5 USB Mouse.

I tried a different mouse as well with the same pattern.

I worked this out buy rotating the mouse very fast and timing it in my head it seems to be at the same set interval,

at first I thought it was only the mouse until writing this post where I then held down the 'h' key,

after a few seconds I noticed it was stuttering the keyboard as well, it wasn't a RANDOM timing, It happened in the same place every few seconds.

I have the 1GB Model of an ATI Radeon 4870 made by Gigabyte, and I have read a few posts hidden very deeply inside of them, that this effects some Sapphire models as well :(

I hope someone will find this information helpful, don't forget to post here with your own thoughts and information.

Thanks,

--

Shauneh

• 4 weeks later...

i have the same issue. Sapphire radeon hd 4870 1gb, dual dvi.

Its quite sad, i dont know how to fix it.

It was suggested to me by someone who seemed to have a similar problem on his dual nvidia 8600 cards that something is trying to access the gpu sensors, something like AppleLPC, SMBus, I2C, etc. I tried disabling AppleLPC but no luck.

I hope this is some help, and at the very least, you know there are others with this same problem.

motherboard: GA P35-DS3P

i have the same issue. Sapphire radeon hd 4870 1gb, dual dvi.

Its quite sad, i dont know how to fix it.

[...]

I hope this is some help, and at the very least, you know there are others with this same problem.

motherboard: GA P35-DS3P

There are some solutions in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=173862