Marklar-Tiger.iso failed

elfmund

11 posts in this topic

I patched the Marklar-Tiger.iso file with Generic_OSx86_Install_DVD_Patcher_test3 and I received an error when booting up and trying to install natively

"System config file /com.apple.boot.plist not found"

this was earlier today...

since I have been roaming various message boards trying to figure out what's wrong and I have 2 possible solutions to my problem...

1. I have the wrong file (the MD5 sum does not check out but the torrent which I downloaded is the same everywhere on the net)

2. The burn process failed... (i found this "solution" on this forum...

I'd like to hear from you on this before I open up my specialized Coaster store :)

Nope.  That's a hard drive image, you can't create a proper ISO out of it. 

What was your Marklar-tiger.iso MD5 before patching?  It didn't match what was in the text file?

i'm wondering if I'm checking the sum correctly... I open up the MD5Summer and click "Create Sums"

that's the only way this program makes any sense to me

ps. the file I'm trying to use is called Marklar-Tiger (No SSE3 check).iso

size : 4.293.001.216 bytes

i'm wondering if I'm checking the sum correctly... I open up the MD5Summer and click "Create Sums"

that's the only way this program makes any sense to me

ps. the file I'm trying to use is called Marklar-Tiger (No SSE3 check).iso

size : 4.293.001.216 bytes

No SSE3 check? That means someone else already modified that one. I made the patch based on the Marklar-tiger.iso that went around...

well... booted with -v and the install {censored} stops at the line

IOPCCard info : Intel PCIC probe: TI 4510 rev 02

???? any thoughts ????

Edit :

well it seems that Mr. Newbie ---> me <_< had the wrong iso file

will try later with the correct one.. thanks Bender for taking the time to try and help out:)

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys .. well. i have this marklar iso. burned it on DVD rw nicely and stuff. but on boot. it says something like

"Hardware not recognised by darwin x86 (3) "

something like this doodle.

so is it coaster or my AMD 3000+(7**) and Asus k8n-2 deluxe is a dumper and this ISO wont recognise this thing?

i am back to installing from tigerx86-flat.img. but now that thing. after booting givse me "HFS+ error"... .arrrggghhhh ....

someone has suggested here. to open diskeditor with partiton table edit (powerquest) but ..... i got 2 disks here. the ptedit just doesnt see any partitons performed .... but ..wait a minute.... the Winxp COMPMNGT disk manager clearly shows UNKOWN 7 gb partition done.

WTF. am i cursed or something?