EP45-UD3P no sound after update to 10.5.7 :(

Obecny

7 posts in this topic

Clean retail installation of 10.5.6, chameleon 2rc. great! everything fantastic so...

update to 10.5.7 and... big boom, No sound at all

I'v tried almost everything, tons of kext , Hdapatchers and other things and still no progress

:angel: at this point most of my audio kext is already changed so I'm lost in it :(

and I really, really want to ask someone's with 10.5.7 on ep45-ud3P with working sound for help

please, please, please, if anyone can send me some set of kext which I need for it

or some link to any great/working tutorial about it, I'm usual using optical digital audio when it work.

Thanks , it can really save my life :/

Make sure you have the original AppleHDA.kext installed. Then delete ALCInject.kext and install the kexts from this zip file: http://www.fileflyer.com/view/LZjdXAP . For installing and removing the kexts, use terminal and single-user mode (sudo -s).

After copying the kexts, open terminal and:

sudo -s
(password)

cd /system/library/extensions
chmod -R 755 * && chown -R root:wheel *
cd ..
rm extensions.mkext
kextcache -a i386 -e
sudo reboot

Hope this helps! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Make sure you have the original AppleHDA.kext installed. Then delete ALCInject.kext and install the kexts from this zip file: http://www.fileflyer.com/view/LZjdXAP . For installing and removing the kexts, use terminal and single-user mode (sudo -s).

After copying the kexts, open terminal and:

sudo -s
(password)

cd /system/library/extensions
chmod -R 755 * && chown -R root:wheel *
cd ..
rm extensions.mkext
kextcache -a i386 -e
sudo reboot

Hope this helps! :o

Hi, I just tried this in order to attempt to fix the sound issue I was having with my GA-45-UD3R board, and now I'm getting kernel panics each time the OS tries to load. Would you know what the problem would be and how I could go about addressing it? Many thanks.