Working: Sony Vaio V505

jaexprojectxd

34 posts in this topic

whuddup foureight84. meaning patch3, u installed osx off a DVD right? ok this is the thing. I didn't have to do anything to get my sound to work. I just installed osx by DD'ing the tiger-x86-flat.img.bz2 through my windows command prompt. as soon as I was in the apple desktop i had fully functioning sound. my itunes didnt' work so i used the Maxx 4 patch. what did version of the osx did u insall the first time? was it un patched? if it did work b4, it must be the patch. tell us whats up.

wassup man. i used the Marklar-Tiger.dmg, converted it to iso then patched the iso with the test3 patch by bender12 and br0adband, burned it to a dvd and installed. the test3 had no sound. remember my post with the quartz xbench score of 90.85 or something like that? well after i patched the iso with their newest release, release1, the score dropped to 40 something. i then went back to the test3 version and the quartz test got a score of 90 something again. the only problem is that test3 release doesn't have the appleac97audio.ktext file in it. so i have no sound... i went back to release1 finally because i would rather have sound.

I'm with you, jaexprojectxd. Easier for me to do the dd and then move files around. foureight84, can't you just get the appleac97audio.ktext from somewhere (suchas the darwin iso) and then install? Interesting stuff re: test3 vs. release 1. I think I've heard os similar problems.

But most importantly - woot re: wireless pcmcia! I'm pretty sure mine will work with the correct chipset card but I haven't yet got one. I'm going to go read your post now. and an extra woot!

• 2 weeks later...

whuddup. ok ill give the command for DD. so u know how to set up the partition. go into diskpart first and type: list disk. from there select the disk/hd. its prolly disk0. so type: select disk 0. then type: create partition primary id=af

from there the dd command is: dd if=tiger-x86-flat.img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition4 bs=32256 skip=1 --progress

partition # is whatever part u want.

how are u gonna boot? If u dual boot, I use bootloader in windows. DL the Chain0 file and place it in the root of ur windows dir. then add this command to the end of ur boot list.

C:\chain0="Mac OS x86"

there u go man.

• 1 month later...

V505ex works quite well. No wireless, or vesa 3

XBENCH RESULTS

Results 36.23

System Info

Xbench Version 1.2

System Version 10.4.1 (8B1025)

Physical RAM 512 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type TOSHIBA MK6021GAS