-f

-v maxmem=2048 cpus=1

-f maxmem=2048 cpus=1

-v -f maxmem=2048 cpus=1

Still...unable to mount! 0x00000047

Should I try and experience with other kexts such as the regular nForce ATA

Three scenarios:

1. Incompatible chipset for AppleNForceATA type kexts

PATA: 0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de

SATA: 0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de

Know AHCI SATA enabled chipset device+vendor id: 0x044c10de 0x044d10de 0x044e10de 0x044f10d 0x055010de 0x055110de 0x055210de 0x055310de 0x056010de 0x055410de 0x058410de

Know AHCI PATA chipsets device+vendor id: 0x056010de 0x056010de 0x056c10de 0x075910de

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI PATA enabled chipsets" then you can try to use this kext for the pata handling, but this is not tested, so try at your own risk!

2. You have a fully AHCI-compliant MCP73 chipset, so do not use AppleNForceATA but try the distros/kexts that have worked for others.....see post #2.....

3. Wait for your PATA DVDRW.......

Three scenarios:

1. Incompatible chipset for AppleNForceATA type kexts

2. You have a fully AHCI-compliant MCP73 chipset, so do not use AppleNForceATA but try the distros/kexts that have worked for others.....see post #2.....

3. Wait for your PATA DVDRW.......

How can I find out my chipset ID on Windows ?

How can I find out my chipset ID on Windows ?

To find out your SATA/PATA controller IDs.....you can use

Everest......but also see here......

To find out your SATA/PATA controller IDs.....you can use

Everest......but also see here......

..Remember RizZus?

His signature states he had working SATA with ApplenForceATA and IOATA from Kalyway 10.5.2..

I'm going to ASSUME, that it's from the Install DVD..

So.

I'll unpack the mkext from the iDeneb DVD,delete the current nForceATA and IOATA and use ur guide to inject Kaly's IOATA and nForceATA into it.

I'll report back !

..Remember RizZus?

His signature states he had working SATA with ApplenForceATA and IOATA from Kalyway 10.5.2..

So.

I'll unpack the mkext from the iDeneb DVD,delete the current nForceATA and IOATA and use ur guide to inject Kaly's IOATA and nForceATA into it.

I'll report back !

By the way,

Out of all the times I've booted into the installer..

It's been SLOW.

Like slow as in it took ten minutes to get to the installer..it was quicker on my old machine with only 1GB of PC2700 RAM :/

Any reason why ?

..Remember RizZus?

So.

I'll report back !

By the way,

Out of all the times I've booted into the installer..

It's been SLOW.

Like slow as in it took ten minutes to get to the installer..it was quicker on my old machine with only 1GB of PC2700 RAM :/

Any reason why ?

It is probably related to the AppleNforceATA.kext and the SATA DVDRW/HDD interaction.....

Oh, so if I have the right kexts itll go at normal speed ?

You will have to wait and see........the boot process may still take about 90 seconds......

ok. anyway, ill try the kalyway kext switch tomorrow.

thanks a ton. you've helped me a looong way my friend.

=)

If it does not work will you try post #2 procedure, or wait for your PATA DVDRW.....?

I really don't understand what the post two procedure is saying..

mind explaining to me ? :P

if post 2 fails

THEN i wait for my IDE

It means trying the non-AppleNForceATA kexts mentioned in the post and in the links given......

ok. I tried out iATKOS v7 since one user who also has AHCI Compliant 630i said it worked...

So..without further ado.

DSCI0480.jpg

Booting with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048. I could go to the installer without maxmem. But CPUS=1 was required, otherwise it'd reboot.

DSCI0481.jpg

I didn't know what that was..

DSCI0482.jpg

Got boot device :(

DSCI0483.jpg

Hm. Found my video card and even got the memory size..

DSCI0489.jpg

We're in to the installer..

DSCI0492.jpg

This got my CPU detected right :)

DSCI0491.jpg

Oh come on...

DSCI0493.jpg

DSCI0494.jpg

My HDD and DVD Drive in System Profiler.

DSCI0495.jpg

Looks like it got the Dev ID of my G 100.

DSCI0498.jpg

Front Port USB works. (Showed up in Disk Util too)

I'm just wondering right now..

During the -v code fall it never mentioned anything about being unable to mount the iATKOS v7 DVD or my DVD Drive in general.

I burned iATKOS v7 to a DVD-RW. Do you think that might be the problem ?

ok. I tried out iATKOS v7 since one user who also has AHCI Compliant 630i said it worked...

I'm just wondering right now..

During the -v code fall it never mentioned anything about being unable to mount the iATKOS v7 DVD or my DVD Drive in general.

I burned iATKOS v7 to a DVD-RW. Do you think that might be the problem ?

It should not be a problem as I have most of my distros on DVD-RWs burned at x4 or slower.......but I do not see your problem as you have booted from the iATKOS v7 DVD disc into the Installer, with the AHCI Standard Controller (v1.10 being supported) indicating that your chipset is AHCI compliant as I suggested some while back......?

It should not be a problem as I have most of my distros on DVD-RWs burned at x4 or slower.......but I do not see your problem as you have booted from the iATKOS v7 DVD disc into the Installer, with the AHCI Standard Controller (v1.10 being supported) indicating that your chipset is AHCI compliant as I suggested some while back......?

Oh yeah..

my 630i system is AHCI Compliant.

But..

My DVD Drive still doesn't show up in disk utility.

Oh yeah..

my 630i system is AHCI Compliant.

But..

My DVD Drive still doesn't show up in disk utility.

You will need to check if your SATA Controller ID is in the Info.plist of the kexts you are using now instead of AppleNForceATA......

I don't even know what kexts Im using..

The ones you selected in iATKOS v7 Customize menu under SATA/IDE drivers instead of AppleNForceATA.......?

The ones you selected in iATKOS v7 Customize menu under SATA/IDE drivers instead of AppleNForceATA.......?

^.^ I haven't even installed it yet..

I was following the user on page 16 of the thread.

He never even mentined what he selected in SATA/IDE

• 2 months later...

Hi, again for here. Thanks for all help u have given to me verdant. I this right moment i have Leopard installed, but it doesnt start; when it appears the apple's logo it starts to load, but then it freezes and doesnt do anything. I dont have another OS installed by the moment. Im using a Ubuntu Live CD. Can u help me with any solution? Thank you very much

Hi, again for here. Thanks for all help u have given to me verdant. I this right moment i have Leopard installed, but it doesnt start; when it appears the apple's logo it starts to load, but then it freezes and doesnt do anything. I dont have another OS installed by the moment. Im using a Ubuntu Live CD. Can u help me with any solution? Thank you very much

Glad to help........ :wacko:

What happens when you boot with Leopard with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048 at the darwin boot: prompt?