Marvell Yukon 88E8040 and 88E8040T drivers!

tweetatoo

13 posts in this topic

Your kext doesn't even have 8040 or 8040T listed. I could not find them in the Info.plist at AppleYukon2.kext.

I patched them with the IDs for 8040T on my board (Toshiba Portege M800) but still no luck. I can kextload it but no calls to the PCI card whatsoever.

Hope we can find a solution.

BTW, 10.5.7 Vanilla + patched HDA and VoodooPS2

Your kext doesn't even have 8040 or 8040T listed. I could not find them in the Info.plist at AppleYukon2.kext.

I patched them with the IDs for 8040T on my board (Toshiba Portege M800) but still no luck. I can kextload it but no calls to the PCI card whatsoever.

Hope we can find a solution.

BTW, 10.5.7 Vanilla + patched HDA and VoodooPS2

Thank you for trying the driver.

Mac OS X 10.5.7 uses a different version of IONetworkingFamily from what I put here.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't add any driver info into the Info.plist ... keep every thing as it is. Remove the added info, or simply download the file again, this is important that this does not cause conflicts and system crashes.

One more thing, since the version of IONetworkingFamily differs in this file, you have to install it after copying it, not only overwriting the old one, therefore you have to sudo it.

I modified the code above and added it into quote. Just use the above code again once you replace the IONetworkingFamily.kext again.

Please write the results.

Thank you.

What I am trying to say is that your IONetworkingFamily.kext does not contain IOPCI IDs that match my 8040T card. I have looked into it very carefully.

My ID is 0x435511ab. That's why it is not working in my 'puter.

Every other AppleYukon2.kext available at Insanelymac.org has this IDs although none worked for me.

Check out your AppleYukon2.kext Info.plist and let me know if it makes sense to you.

What I am trying to say is that your IONetworkingFamily.kext does not contain IOPCI IDs that match my 8040T card. I have looked into it very carefully.

My ID is 0x435511ab. That's why it is not working in my 'puter.

Every other AppleYukon2.kext available at Insanelymac.org has this IDs although none worked for me.

Check out your AppleYukon2.kext Info.plist and let me know if it makes sense to you.

Thank you for your reply.

I am very very very sorry for the mistake I did.

I modified the attahed file; it is now called "Marvell.zip".

Here to you what to do:

1- Download, extract the contents and copy the TWO files in the zipped file into /System/Library/Extensions, and overwrite any present files (prefer to backup first).

2- Open the terminal and write:

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel IONetworkingFamily.kext

chmod -R 755 IONetworkingFamily.kext

chown -R root:wheel AppleYukon2.kext

chmod -R 755 AppleYukon2.kext

3- Reboot the computer, and you shall have the driver working this time.

But it is VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT to patch the IONetworkingFamily in the package and sudo it; regardless of the AppleYukon2.kext inside it, rather, install the one outside it that is included within the zipped file.

Therefore, install both IONetworkingFamily.kext & AppleYukon2.kext included within the package.

Please report the results.

Thanks, and sorry again.

Thank you for your reply.

I am very very very sorry for the mistake I did.

I modified the attahed file; it is now called "Marvell.zip".

Here to you what to do:

1- Download, extract the contents and copy the TWO files in the zipped file into /System/Library/Extensions, and overwrite any present files (prefer to backup first).

2- Open the terminal and write:

3- Reboot the computer, and you shall have the driver working this time.

But it is VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT to patch the IONetworkingFamily in the package and sudo it; regardless of the AppleYukon2.kext inside it, rather, install the one outside it that is included within the zipped file.

Therefore, install both IONetworkingFamily.kext & AppleYukon2.kext included within the package.

Please report the results.

Thanks, and sorry again.

Thanks!! Now I got it to load... but still no network interface.

Now I have no clue what the problem is.

Anyway, thanks for helping.

Thanks!! Now I got it to load... but still no network interface.

Now I have no clue what the problem is.

Anyway, thanks for helping.

You're welcome.

Try to play with the IP addresses, and if you have it connected to a router, try to enable the DHCP in the router and choose Auto DHCP from Network in System preferences.

Mention any problem, maybe I can help.

Thank you for trying the kexts.

I think you missunderstood. The kext is loaded (inside about this mac, in the list of kexts loaded, I see AppleYukon2.kext). However, the network interface does not show up in the Network preferences. I cannot figure it but I guess there is a problem with the detection routine.

Let me know if you have any further advise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi

i tried lots of different drivers for the 88E8040T

but nothing seems to work

i plug the internet cable and anothing

no lights are on the jack

my laptop is toshiba satellite M300

wireless is 4965AGN i cant find driver to work with this either

so right now i am using the Belkin wireless G USB network adaptor

it is working with that

any idea what i can do?