Netgear WG311T & JaS 10.4.6

58 posts in this topic

WG311T has a different chipset than yours. Plus, different versions of the same card may have different chipsets. I believe there are 3 versions of the WG311. There are different versions of WG311T also, and not all of those cards work.

If you find a card with a Broadcom or Atheros chipset, it can probably be made to work. I recommend Broadcom for best compatibility.

Go to this link and read the Wireless sections of the Compatibility guides: http://wiki.osx86project.org/

Hello,

I'm quite new here (just installed OSx86). Wireless and Graphics Card don't work yet.

But when I understood you right, everything works fine with this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...21&hl=chown ?!

You are all asking to put the IO80211Family.kext online. Is it the file at the end of the link or am I wrong?

I've got the Netgear WG311 v2.

• 3 weeks later...

my 10.4.6 jas system doesn't recognize my wg113t netgear pci card (not listed in system profiler) I allready changed the kexts IOPCIFamily , IO80211Family ,IONetworkingFamily (or so) but still doesn't see the device ... When I first changed the 3 kexts my system freezed on the gray screen with the apple logo and then when reboot in -v -s mode I sow there was a problem with another kext from Io IOplugin or smth like that I don't remember exactly but I removed that kext and then the system booted up without seeing de pci card ...I did a fresh install and it happend the same thing .Anyone can help ?Is there another kext I should change? I have to modify the 80211 kext even if my pci device is not listed , should I modify the IOPCIFamily.kext to get my card listed in system profiler? I will post the name of the kext that I removed to make the system start later when I get home...I will also post the device ID but I am preety sure that has an atheros chipset

The CARD IS WG311T REV A3? (revision does matter ? ) and it have atheros chip the card is also functionally cause I am using it with an g4 also with orangeware driver

I am downloading 10.4.7 updater jas Is it possible that my system will see the pci device after the update?

thanks

• 1 month later...

I hate to bump such an old thread, but I've been having some problems!

Alright, so I have a WG311T. MacOS X detects it in the Network Utilities dialog as a Wireless Network Card (or something to that effect). I also have the airport icon in the finder bar, but it's empty.

So it seems to be detecting the device, but how can I make it work?

• 4 months later...

I'm going nuts trying to get my Netgear WG311T to work with 0sx86. It's listed in the wiki as a 'plug and play airport' 'Nice!' which is so far from the truth for me. First it showed up in finder (icon next tot he clock) but wouldn't show in network prefs / but would show under profiler as a network card. Now with files from 10.4.5 (io80211.kext) my card would show up. But once I replaced the iopcifamily.kext & ionetworkingfamily.kext with the one from 10.4.5 it no longer shows up in profiler as a network card and the airport icon is gone. When I replaced ionetworkingfamily.kext with the file from 10.4 on my install cd ; back came the airport icon next to the clock ; and it shows as a ethernet card under PCI cards in the Profiler.

type: ethernet controller

bus: PCI

slot : PCI2

Vendor ID: 0x168c

Device ID: 0x0113

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1385

Subsystem ID: 0x5a00

Revision ID: 0x0001

When I click 'AirPort Card' the window where info should be says 'there was an error while gathering this information'.

Any more suggestions on how to make this card work ? I've tried everything here. Been at it since 5am. Blah! :hysterical: