10.5.7 (9J56) and MSI WIND U-100 with GMA950

Sylima

13 posts in this topic

I am install 10.5.7 update (9J56) all work very well, but video GMA950 don`t work....... Resolution 800x600, no QE/CL. Kext from 10.5.6 not working on 10.5.7. Have you idea? ( I install update on retail 10.5.6 (9G66) from MAC BOX SET 09.

• 2 weeks later...

Try searching for Patch27ae.command, it will patch the 10.5.7 Kexts with the correct Device id, works like a charm for me.

cheers

/Stig

I am install 10.5.7 update (9J56) all work very well, but video GMA950 don`t work....... Resolution 800x600, no QE/CL. Kext from 10.5.6 not working on 10.5.7. Have you idea? ( I install update on retail 10.5.6 (9G66) from MAC BOX SET 09.

Try searching for Patch27ae.command, it will patch the 10.5.7 Kexts with the correct Device id, works like a charm for me.

cheers

/Stig

First I had 10.5.6 and installed Natit, a new FrameBuffer and a new GMA950 driver. Everything was perfect, even though I would have preferred GFX strings, but for some reason the drop-down menu wouldn't show up in OSX86Tools.

Anyway, I upgraded to 10.5.7, lost QE/CI, lost the ability to switch from 800x600, so I restored the default FrameBuffer and GMA950 driver since they performed no differently...assuming they were updated in the 10.5.7 update. I then applied the 27ae.command patch, rebooted, and got black and white garble with a functioning mouse pointer.

Then I booted into single user mode, removed Natit, removed Caches, and the mkext, and then rebooted. Now I just get a blue screen.

What should I do? There are solutions for the MSI Wind, but they are package installers for everything from the touchpad to sound to video, so I'm a little wary of using the installer on my Acer 10" AOD150.

I have the same problem on eeepc 901. After getting a black screen with a mouse I've had to boot with -x option. And booting takes a long... Looking for the sollution for gma driver....

I've managed to get back my display by removing AppleIntelGMA950.kext in single user mode, and with displayconfigx I can use the native 1024x600 resolution albeit without QE/CI.

Enough to keep me going until we find a solution...

UPDATE: Here you go - the video drivers in this pack worked for me:

http://forums.msiwind.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11311

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi I cann't open the link below, could you send me a driver?

I've managed to get back my display by removing AppleIntelGMA950.kext in single user mode, and with displayconfigx I can use the native 1024x600 resolution albeit without QE/CI.

Enough to keep me going until we find a solution...

UPDATE: Here you go - the video drivers in this pack worked for me:

http://forums.msiwind.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11311

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! I've just bought my Wind U100 and installed 10.5.6 (XxX) and updated to the 10.5.8. I not completely tested it yet but I see that the internal mic and the webcam isn't working.

Tha cam is recognized by the system but just displays a black screen when activated. I read on the web that this is caused by the version of firmware. So I question: Is it possible to downgrade the firmware? Or any workaround to put the cam (and the Mic) to work?

Thank you all!

• 2 weeks later...