How help Apple to make OS X better

4 posts in this topic

hi everybody

how we can suggest Apple to make OS X better.

for example > is it possible that Apple compile OS X for various cpus, so it can be like open source Linux and will be optimized for each cpu and performance will improve.

anyone?

hi everybody

how we can suggest Apple to make OS X better.

for example > is it possible that Apple compile OS X for various cpus, so it can be like open source Linux and will be optimized for each cpu and performance will improve.

anyone?

The Apple is like Microsoft. The Apple Inc. doensn't have interest for a public version of OS X.

There's a free version like mac based on freebsd that is open source and Apple used it for do the Mac OS X and it's called Darwin (has the same name of the OS X Bootloader)

Excuse me for the grammatical error, i'm not english, i'm italian.

Hi!!!

Darwin isn't the bootloader of OS X, but the low-level part of OS X (the kernel with a small stuff around it, like a text-based user interface).

And the free version (called OpenDarwin, I think) still lacks the Cocoa framework and all the graphical user interface, which is perhaps the most interesting thing of OS X.

Finally, I don't think that compiling OS X for different types of CPUs is very relevant, since OS X only runs on recent Core Duo and Core 2 Duo processors (at least officially ;) ). Thus, compilation is surely already optimized for these processors. 10.6 will be optimized only for Core 2 Duo processors (through its 64bits compilation), it will only lack the new instruction set of the brand new Nehalem processors.