Please help a frustrated Chameleon v2.0 user

6 posts in this topic

I really would like to get this figured out. I installed Chameleon 2 and it works to load my OSX (native install). Since windows was not wanting to boot properly I decided to format that drive and install ubuntu on it. It installed along with grub but chameleon will not recognize that hard drive (now formatted ex3). I used gparted and made the drive "active" but it still does not work. Chameleon will not show a bootable cd in the boot options as well...I have seen screen shots of people where it works for them. Am I doing something wrong...I didn't even know it would show a cd as a boot option? Why won't it recognize my ubuntu? Please help, I really want to get this working so I can stop obsessing.

Thanks.

Where did you install GRUB? When installing Ubuntu did it ask you where to install it? If it didn't ask then it installed it in the MBR. If it did ask, did you install in the MBR or on the ext3 partition?

My understanding is that Chameleon will only see the partitions that have GRUB (or whatever) on them. If GRUB got installed in the MBR that won't work. Easy to fix though.

That's my first guess anyway.

Yeah you were right. I did some searching and It looks like I missed the advanced button during install...twice. Once I was able to load grub on the root partition, it worked perfectly.

I have to agree that there is not much action at the chameleon forum...that's why I came here to find some information. Aside from the fact that it will not load Windows unless it is the first drive in bios. It is working great for me.

I have not been able to do any work on the EFI partition of my drive in terminal so I decided to put chameleon on a USB stick I leave in the back of my machine and set that as the first boot device.

I still cannot see a cd option in my list of bootable devices in chameleon...any Ideas out there?