Has anyone tried ASUS Z8NA-D6C for Hackintosh?

Telo

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I recently saw this board and immediately thought about making a Mac Pro clone. Has anyone had any success with this board? Is the chipset even supported [intel 5500]? Any help and/or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Hello, I recently saw this board and immediately thought about making a Mac Pro clone. Has anyone had any success with this board? Is the chipset even supported [intel 5500]? Any help and/or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Any response? Has anyone built a dual nehalem ie: DUAL LGA 1366 hackintosh?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys...

just so you know i have a working build of this board running windows 7. I have tried the boot-132 method but am getting an error stating that the CPU fsb is 0 and the apple kernel will not allow this.

I beleive it is because i have only 1 cpu current installed. I should have another Xeon installed within a month. i would love to get this up and running. it seems it should be an easy task as it is ICH10 and no onboard audio but we will find out!

• 4 weeks later...

install options,...

have another box, do the diskutil, and then do an ipc dl 10.5.6 install from running system, onto the target disk,....

after that , stick it in the dual xeon server,... to boot,

with F8

cpus=1 -v -x

might need some additional settings, , like fsb, acpi, etc,...

one guy tried, with only one cpu, and it hung, saying fsb=0 not allowed,

since it runs , with QPI channels, they might be also efi issues, and bios settings,

bios, disable HT, maybe VT, and PNP switch between plug play, to fixed,

disk controller, turn off raid, workaround,... testing, with USB disk,

next step,... an sata/esata LSI card,... ... watch out catch 22,... you need to install from another machine, the drivers first,... or get one with buildin drivers in osx,.... anybody knows a supported, sata or sas card by the kernel ?

of course bott123 is a start,... there is also think boot,... aka bootcamp / boot123, search for that

love to see it running, oh,.... anybody knows a dual xeon 1366 motherboard, with overclocking feature in the bios ? or maybe a solder trick ? would be nice ,....

and looking for some recommended heatsinks, that would with in a 3U,..... I'll take 4u if not

pm me, not checking that often...

• 2 months later...

I tried the Asus ASUS Z8PE-D18 and couldn't get it to work so I'm returning it and looking for another suitable dual Xeon 1366 board that works with Leopard.

I know there's a thread here with a successful Z8PE-D12 install but I had a nightmare with the D18 board so it's left a bad taste in my mouth.

Here's my thread on uphuck regarding my D18 woes:

http://www.uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5412

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to install iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 as a virtual machine operating system using the Asus Z8NA-D6C motherboard, then I cloned it 4 times as to make a mac render farm! I would only assume that this board will handle OSX as the main operating system. fyi I found this post while looking for help, I thought I would drop back by and spread the good news :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 year later...