ok i still cannot install iPC osx86 ppf5 !

DEFKT

22 posts in this topic

so , i posted in here yesterday for some help. so i got hold of leopard osx (iPC's latest version).

still, cannot even get to boot into darwin. get to dvd boot prompt (Install or press F8 for options)

i press enter, little cursor spins for short time, then reboots. everytime!

so i pressed F8 to see what other options I had. so i press -v to get info as it goes etc. still reboots.

as long as i can get to the install screen, this pc will work. research hasproven almost every part on this computer will work! and yet it will not boot from the dvd properly!!!!!!

my spec (again..)

Packard Bell iMedia X2416

* Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor (4x2.33GHz)

* 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache (Motherboard is a ECS Denver 11, Nvidia 630i chipset i do believe)

* 4GB DDR2 667MHz memory

* 250GB SATA Hard Drive Western Digital (7200rpm) for System use, currently running Windows Vista® Home Premium,but want to use this for OSX

* 640GB SATA Hard Drive Western Digital (7200rpm) for my Samples, Song files and multimedia content.

* Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE PCI Express (with NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 onboard graphics also, not in use!)

* Dual Layer SATA DVD Rewriter (Optiarc)

* 18-in-1 media card reader

* 6x USB ports (2x front, 4x rear)

* Realtek HD ALC888 Audio - (On Board)

* Nvidia HD HDMI Audio and Video - (On Board)

* Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) - (On Board)

* M-Audio Delta 2496 Audiophile PCI Sound Card

* Microsoft Laser 5000 Mouse and Keyboard (USB Wireless)

* Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter

SATA drive order - 250GB WD HDD - SATA 1, 650GB WD HDD SATA 2, DVDRW Optiarc SATA 3

so I am going to put DVDRW as SATA 2 and see if that helps. (I'll Re-Edit post with an update)

someone please, please for the love of god help me!!

ok, so i swapped the sata over. main hdd on sata 1, dvdrw is on sata 2 and additional hdd on sata 3.

and guess what.....

STILL DON'T WORK!!!!!!

I'm beginning to loose my temper now and gonna give up soon if i can't even get to the install screen!

so , i posted in here yesterday for some help. so i got hold of leopard osx (iPC's latest version).

still, cannot even get to boot into darwin. get to dvd boot prompt (Install or press F8 for options)

i press enter, little cursor spins for short time, then reboots. everytime!

so i pressed F8 to see what other options I had. so i press -v to get info as it goes etc. still reboots.

as long as i can get to the install screen, this pc will work. research hasproven almost every part on this computer will work! and yet it will not boot from the dvd properly!!!!!!

my spec (again..)

Packard Bell iMedia X2416

* Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor (4x2.33GHz)

* 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache (Motherboard is a ECS Denver 11, Nvidia 630i chipset i do believe)

* 4GB DDR2 667MHz memory

* 250GB SATA Hard Drive Western Digital (7200rpm) for System use, currently running Windows Vista® Home Premium,but want to use this for OSX

* 640GB SATA Hard Drive Western Digital (7200rpm) for my Samples, Song files and multimedia content.

* Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE PCI Express (with NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 onboard graphics also, not in use!)

* Dual Layer SATA DVD Rewriter (Optiarc)

* 18-in-1 media card reader

* 6x USB ports (2x front, 4x rear)

* Realtek HD ALC888 Audio - (On Board)

* Nvidia HD HDMI Audio and Video - (On Board)

* Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) - (On Board)

* M-Audio Delta 2496 Audiophile PCI Sound Card

* Microsoft Laser 5000 Mouse and Keyboard (USB Wireless)

* Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter

SATA drive order - 250GB WD HDD - SATA 1, 650GB WD HDD SATA 2, DVDRW Optiarc SATA 3

so I am going to put DVDRW as SATA 2 and see if that helps. (I'll Re-Edit post with an update)

someone please, please for the love of god help me!!

ok, so i swapped the sata over. main hdd on sata 1, dvdrw is on sata 2 and additional hdd on sata 3.

and guess what.....

STILL DON'T WORK!!!!!!

I'm beginning to loose my temper now and gonna give up soon if i can't even get to the install screen!

Remove ALL unnecessary hardware - ALL OF IT. No extra HDD, no USB drives, no printers. Just mouse/keyboard/hdd for OSX and DVD.

Boot with -x -v, if you get no crash message and it instantly restarts, you need to try a different kernel - they are all on the install DVD. As an example, mach_kernel.sleep, mach_kernel.tohxnu - THESE ARE MADE UP FILENAMES but you get the point. You should be able to list them from the -s command line - they are in /Volume/iPCxxxxx/ I believe.

If you get a "Waiting for root device" error, you need to shuffle your drives around. Some motherboards only support the first two SATA plugs at boot - they can be colour coded, not necessarilly next to each other either. You may find some info if you search for your motherboard on the forum. Of course, you will only be using two at the moment anyway - you can try updated kexts during install that might get the others working. There may be some kexts/patches available elsewhere too - look for success stories only or on the HCL for 10.5.x.

Best of luck, hope this helps.

Remove ALL unnecessary hardware - ALL OF IT. No extra HDD, no USB drives, no printers. Just mouse/keyboard/hdd for OSX and DVD.

Boot with -x -v, if you get no crash message and it instantly restarts, you need to try a different kernel - they are all on the install DVD. As an example, mach_kernel.sleep, mach_kernel.tohxnu - THESE ARE MADE UP FILENAMES but you get the point. You should be able to list them from the -s command line - they are in /Volume/iPCxxxxx/ I believe.

If you get a "Waiting for root device" error, you need to shuffle your drives around. Some motherboards only support the first two SATA plugs at boot - they can be colour coded, not necessarilly next to each other either. You may find some info if you search for your motherboard on the forum. Of course, you will only be using two at the moment anyway - you can try updated kexts during install that might get the others working. There may be some kexts/patches available elsewhere too - look for success stories only or on the HCL for 10.5.x.

Best of luck, hope this helps.

thank you, best reply i have had so far. many thanks. i will try this, as i am getting no error messages at all, just constant reboot.

ill keep you posted on my quest to suceed lol.

have a good day.

Ben

EDITED FOR UPDATE:

ok, so i unplugged usb drives, 640gb hard drive and belkin usb wireless dongle.

so left with bare system, pci-express graphics card and m-audio card.

here is what happened..

booted from dvd........F8 command prompt

-v.

FAIL/RESTART - No Error Message

tried again but with -x

and again tried going to cmmand prompt and typed -s......

so all 3 ways= same result. reboot without no error message once it gets to "starting Darwin OSX86" or what ever it says, goes to fast to see all of it lol.

any ideas?

one other thing is also, the 250GB hard drive still has vista on it, but i want to wipe that, surely this would not cause the problem of not even seeing an apple anywhere? as i have already tried cleaning off drive so it was empty and still didnt work.

I have mobo MSI X48c and when i try to boot iPC 10.5.6 after hitting enter in boot menu a can see the apple logo for a sec and then it restart my pc.I tried many ways to boot,also Kalyway but nothing works.I think the problem is memory 'coz it supports DDRII and DDR3.

anyone has more informations ?

i have the same problem with aHP proliant DL320G5 server i can't get the real chipset for it

but i am suggesting you to use

cpus=1 -v

busratio=20 -v -f

platform=ACPI -v

platform=PCx86 -v

-x -v

and update here your result

sacaman

right retried after removing geforce 7300LE pci express and m-audio sound card.

so now rnning onboard 7100 geforce graphics.

still no go, constant restart :)

Start with checking your 630i BIOS settings for OS X......see post #1 in my Pre-Series 7 nForce thread......also is your iPC 10.5.6 DVD patched with V1.1 patch.....?

Start with checking your 630i BIOS settings for OS X......see post #1 in my Pre-Series 7 nForce thread......also is your iPC 10.5.6 DVD patched with V1.1 patch.....?

bios settings are some what restricted being a packard bell pc.

dvd is v1.4. not to sure if its patched or not, all i done was download it , burn it and use it. have i missed something??

hey guys,i tried cpus=1 -x and it works,going to install it but i just wanna know that what i have to do after that,it will use only one core or what?

good question, i aint tried this yet and dont want to until i know i can use all 4 cores. if it works then great. but not on solo core.

i just installed iPC 10.5.6,voodoo kernel 9.5,chipset intel ICH10 sata support,ALC888 audio,patched usb drivers,acpi fix,cpu one core fix,usb ,seatbelt...,patch DSDT with new HPET,apple smbios 800MHz

the problem is that after booting i can see apple logo and that's it,not even welcome message

edit: tried -v during boot and there is a message "AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM" and below is "still waiting for root device"

If you select to patch DSDT you don't need the one core fix.

Don't install the USB patch, you can install that later if you need it.

Still waiting for root device - that's your hard drive. You either have wrong BIOS settings for your drive controller, or it is unsupported, or you haven't installed the right drivers for it.

If you select to patch DSDT you don't need the one core fix.

Don't install the USB patch, you can install that later if you need it.

Still waiting for root device - that's your hard drive. You either have wrong BIOS settings for your drive controller, or it is unsupported, or you haven't installed the right drivers for it.

if i use just DSDT patch,it will restart after a sec,but when i type cpus=1 it goes futher but still the problem with root device.going to try sata hard drive..

finally,succesfully installed os,well,almost. have an issue with all cores working (works only one core) and also my video card (9600GT) is weird.

I choose intel ICH10,voodoo power,cpus fix,IOCPUfamily.kext,seatbelt,Apple SMBIOS 800MHz, w/o DSDT patch.

any ideas?

well i have tried everything, including personal messages (thanks macmeister).

i appreciate the help, but i cant be arsed, faarrr to much hassle.

mine stuck with apple boot, goes no further than buffer bizness. i redone adding patch, still crashed.

so on that note i shall give up and dual boot winxp and linux.

thanks for all your help.

(on the other hand if anyone is willing to help me on a more personal level, email me defktdnb@aim.com, i pay by paypal :-). but i dont have the patience for this! )

and now linux distros will not install either lol. im not having a good time with this pc at all.

think the motherboard has been bios flashed just for vista, as xp takes a few attemps to install aswell.

so to all people looking at a packard bell right now, dont even bother!!!!!

and now linux distros will not install either lol. im not having a good time with this pc at all.

think the motherboard has been bios flashed just for vista, as xp takes a few attemps to install aswell.

so to all people looking at a packard bell right now, dont even bother!!!!!

You could always try switching the PC off, removing power lead, waiting 10 mins, remove CMOS battery and video card........wait at least 30 mins........put CMOS battery back and boot PC without the video card.......switch off......wait 10 mins......put video card back and re-boot......

You could always try switching the PC off, removing power lead, waiting 10 mins, remove CMOS battery and video card........wait at least 30 mins........put CMOS battery back and boot PC without the video card.......switch off......wait 10 mins......put video card back and re-boot......

what will that achieve? (in no disrespective manner)

what will that achieve? (in no disrespective manner)

It should hopefully reset the MOBO BIOS and graphics card BIOS.......and assuming that your MOBO RAM is OK......the MOBO BIOS should POST successfully.......