Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

jlaf1169

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank this community for helping me installing my OSX86 on my compaq presario c700 (c756ca)!!

Everything works like a charm except for my wireless adapter...

I have a Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG... i searched for drivers but never found anything that really worked.

If there are no drivers for this card... What WIFI USB Adapter would you recommend me to buy??? I would prefer an adapter that doesnt need any driver... you know... PLug And PLay:P!

Also, I was searching the web for a way to use my ipod touch as a wireless adapter but i never found anything so.. again if you know a method that works... please i would appreciate if you could give me a link or help me...

A man That is Happy to have A fresh MAc Install on his pc:P!

(excuse my english im from Quebec! (french)!

1) there is no stable working (or unstable:P) 3945 driver

2) you can't use your ipod touch as a wireless adapter

3) I bought Broadcom 4320 and it works out of the box .Although you can chose any buffalo product because the have broadcom chipsets that are airport compatible.

To conclude I think that the best solution is to change your minipcie adaptor (3945) so you won't have a usb one

:wacko:

1) there is no stable working (or unstable:P) 3945 driver

2) you can't use your ipod touch as a wireless adapter

3) I bought Broadcom 4320 and it works out of the box .Although you can chose any buffalo product because the have broadcom chipsets that are airport compatible.

To conclude I think that the best solution is to change your minipcie adaptor (3945) so you won't have a usb one

:)

Yeah i think i would like the last solution too. But, I have a laptop... can i easily install the card myself? Or do I have to give them my pc so they install it for me? With osx86 installed on the laptop it might not be a really good idea!(I guess it is illlegal)

Well, you made a good guess. It's really easy in fact to install a wireless card, just take a few minute but you're gonna need to be cautious (not losing little pieces .. etc). After, it depends on the way your computer is built, wireless cards are not in the same place in every laptop, so just browse the net and search for a tuto on how to open your computer, personnaly I found a tuto for my dell Inspiron at dell's website.

Some brands put a label "waranty canceled if removed" preventing you from opening your computer, so if your computer is not too old and you wanna keep the waranty, you'd rather buy a USB dongle.

Bonne chance dans tes aventures -_-