Mac OSx86 Virtualization in any O.S.!

4 posts in this topic

:D So have you tried everything to virtualize Mac OSx86 and not been able to do it? SunWare VirtualBox, VMWare, nothing seems to work? You've tried Kaylway, idebneb, Iatkos, and still nothing?

Well the secret is this: you have to install JAS 10.4.2. The guides on VMWare virtualization were meant for JAS and that is the only one that works. That's why my guide is different from any other guide.

Right now I have JAS running virtualized in Ubuntu Linux, though I am having a little trouble with wifi. Virtualization solves a lot of issues like touchpad clicking, scrolling, etc.

How to do it:

1) Get JAS OSx86 Iso

2) Get VMWare Workstation (doesn't matter which version)

3) Start a new machine

4) "Other"-->"other"

5) And make sure your virtual machine has the JAS Iso as the virtual CD drive.

6) Power off the machine once you've started up.

7) Open "Mac.vmxd" and add "paevm="TRUE"" at the end, along with "ethernet0.virtualDev="e1000"

8) Also boot up into the VMWare Bios and remove all Floppys and peripheral devices for speed

9) Boot the computer into the JAS iso and Install.

10) Voila, you have a working Mac OSx86 virtualization!*

*Note: you may want to suspend instead of powering it off each time as it saves on speed. I have to try the vmware tools fixes out there and install them, along with debugging my internet. I'm pretty sure there is a simple reason for it.

:) So have you tried everything to virtualize Mac OSx86 and not been able to do it? SunWare VirtualBox, VMWare, nothing seems to work? You've tried Kaylway, idebneb, Iatkos, and still nothing?

Well the secret is this: you have to install JAS 10.4.2. The guides on VMWare virtualization were meant for JAS and that is the only one that works. That's why my guide is different from any other guide.

Right now I have JAS running virtualized in Ubuntu Linux, though I am having a little trouble with wifi. Virtualization solves a lot of issues like touchpad clicking, scrolling, etc.

How to do it:

1) Get JAS OSx86 Iso

2) Get VMWare Workstation (doesn't matter which version)

3) Start a new machine

4) "Other"-->"other"

5) And make sure your virtual machine has the JAS Iso as the virtual CD drive.

6) Power off the machine once you've started up.

7) Open "Mac.vmxd" and add "paevm="TRUE"" at the end, along with "ethernet0.virtualDev="e1000"

8) Also boot up into the VMWare Bios and remove all Floppys and peripheral devices for speed

9) Boot the computer into the JAS iso and Install.

10) Voila, you have a working Mac OSx86 virtualization!*

*Note: you may want to suspend instead of powering it off each time as it saves on speed. I have to try the vmware tools fixes out there and install them, along with debugging my internet. I'm pretty sure there is a simple reason for it.

Sorry this is bad advice as there are lots of other version running particularity under VMware.

Sorry this is bad advice as there are lots of other version running particularity under VMware.

If you mean the OS X distribution I totally agree, however the issue of this post is getting any OS X install running in VMWare, so I think it should be a guide for a generic VMWare install. Please update.

If you mean the OS X distribution I totally agree, however the issue of this post is getting any OS X install running in VMWare, so I think it should be a guide for a generic VMWare install. Please update.

Well then! -Jas is jas--21-yr-old trickster!