Chameleon: System does not load Aqua interface - but with boot-132 cd it does

Petroy

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have a problem. I have been following munky’s guide on how to install the EFI bootloader to use a vanilla install of Mac OS X on my hackintosh. Before, I have succeeded in making my own Boot-132 cd for my AMD machine using hecker’s guide on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140683 .

The installation of chameleon RC1 on my EFI partition worked fine. But during boot, when it should load the Aqua interface, nothing happens. There is also no message about the “LoginWindowApplication” printed on the screen.

Using my boot-132, everything works fine.

I have tried to boot up without any kexts which did not work because I need the AppleNForceATA.kext for my hard drive. I have also tried to boot up only with this single kext, and also with this one and with my video driver (NVinject) but the GUI does not show up either. I have exactly the same kexts on my boot-132 cd and it works fine with that.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 4000+, an nForce based motherboard and I’m using the Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0

I have attached a photo of the output that appears on my screen during boot.

Since I'm able to boot perfectly when I use my boot-132 cd, I first thought there might be a bug in Chameleon. But somebody told me that I might rather have problems with loading kext files from hard drive (see http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?...9.msg216#msg216 ).

Does anyone have an idea what might cause the problem?

Regards,

Petroy

post-340452-1239389806_thumb.jpg

The USB error looks serious to me. You can safely ignore the Firewire one.

Maybe give it a try with disabling "USB Legacy" in BIOS. Note that for this to work, you might need to configure Chameleon such that you do not need to press any keys as the keyboard will likely not work once the BIOS has passed control to the booter and before the booter has *successfully* loaded the USB KEXTS.

For people more knowledgeable than me to be better able to help you, please provide the exact model of your mobo, BIOS version, and a full list of KEXTS.

Thanks, and good luck,

zhell

The USB error looks serious to me. You can safely ignore the Firewire one.

Maybe give it a try with disabling "USB Legacy" in BIOS. Note that for this to work, you might need to configure Chameleon such that you do not need to press any keys as the keyboard will likely not work once the BIOS has passed control to the booter and before the booter has *successfully* loaded the USB KEXTS.

For people more knowledgeable than me to be better able to help you, please provide the exact model of your mobo, BIOS version, and a full list of KEXTS.

Thanks, and good luck,

zhell

The same USB errors also appear when I boot from my boot-132 cd. But the Aqua GUI loads fine with that. Anyway, I will try turning of USB support when I found out how to configure chameleon.

I have an DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D motherboard (based on the nForce4 chipset) and an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ CPU.

I have the following kexts on my EFI partition and exactly the same on my boot-132 cd:

AppleAC97Audio.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

seatbelt.kext

AppleNForceATA.kext

System.kext

NVinject.kext

nForceLAN.kext

+ the ones that come preinstalled with Chameleon (AHCIPortInjector.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, ATAPortInjector.kext - these are not present on my boot-132 cd, but when I remove them, I get the "still waiting for root device" error)

BIOS: Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG

I think I had a similar problem and I deleted the powermanagment kext and it worked.

Thank you, but I've deleted both the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext now, and unfortunately that didn't make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Mount your EFI partition and move System/Booter/Extensions.mkext to Extra/

This fixed this exact problem for me.

Thank you for your post. The folder /System/Booter/ does not exist on my computer. What does that mean?

I found the Extensions.mkext file in /System/Library/ and moved it over to /Volumes/EFI/Extra/ . But that didn't make a difference.

• 5 weeks later...

same problem. It was working fine few days ago but then all of a sudden this happened. But mine does not dectect the NVinject instead, it says family specific matching failed.

Anyone know how to fix this?