help needed, osx won't boot

tommie

7 posts in this topic

hi all,

i searched this forum several times and read a lot topics, but i'm not able to fix my problem.

My computer is a laptop:

IBM thinkpad T42

Intel Pentium M 1,7Ghz SSE2

768mb ram

ATI Mobile 9600 64mb

I have windows installed on my C drive and i use my D drive for data.

I made up 10Gb free space using partionmagic

in cmd i used diskpart to create an extra AF partition

insterted my OSX dvd (MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL:AMD:SSE3:SSE2)) got a darwin loading screen, pressed enter to install, used the disk utility tool and erased my previously made partition as MAC(....) partition and called it "OSX86".

next installed osx with the printers and languages i want, selected X11 and picked intel support, 10.4.5 update and SSE2 support.

installation went well and clicked to reboot, now the darwin loader starts from the DVD, but if I let the time run out nothing happends and i get the same screen i get when pressing F8.

In the darwin loader list of startup items only my dvd is listed :s

and when i press enter the setup starts again...

i am able to boot to windows xp because i put the boot file on my C and edited the boot.ini.

please help me fix this problem!

installation went well and clicked to reboot, now the darwin loader starts from the DVD, but if I let the time run out nothing happends and i get the same screen i get when pressing F8.

I got this problem too

damn, was hoping someone could help, i think ill try backing up all software and changed kext files and try formatting my osx drive again.

Bummer because I finally got everything running smoothly exept for this and the artefact problem...

Why are you still booting from the DVD after it is installed? Remove the DVD from the drive and boot from the hard drive.

How are your partitions set up? OS X does not like being in an extended partition, and it does not like being on a drive that has an extended partition before it.

i'm booting from the dvd because when i don't it says "invalid operating system!"

setting my osx partition active and let the time of the dvd run out is the only way for me to get into osx.

my osx partition is primary and not in an extended partition.

it is in partitionmagic listed after the extended and logical partition, but then when i'm going to format it how can i make sure it is in front of it next time??

here is a screenshot of partitionmagic.

post-36164-1146295832_thumb.jpg