Weird symbol on top of Apple logo on first boot? iDeneb 1.4

Bassy19

5 posts in this topic

Hi there

Just installed iDeneb 1.4, it seemed to have worked fine, installed everything fine, with VooDoo kernal 9.5.0 (I think), and it succeeded, but on my first boot, i tried just hitting enter without F8, it came up with the Apple logo with a square, with a circle with a cross going trough it just covering the leaf bit on the Apple sign, I rebooted as it stayed like that for ages, I booted with F8 > -f > same thing happened!

Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

Ok heres a screenie, taken off the iSight of my MacBook so may not be very good!

post-388770-1239369834_thumb.jpg

Hi there

Just installed iDeneb 1.4, it seemed to have worked fine, installed everything fine, with VooDoo kernal 9.5.0 (I think), and it succeeded, but on my first boot, i tried just hitting enter without F8, it came up with the Apple logo with a square, with a circle with a cross going trough it just covering the leaf bit on the Apple sign, I rebooted as it stayed like that for ages, I booted with F8 > -f > same thing happened!

Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

Ok heres a screenie, taken off the iSight of my MacBook so may not be very good!

The symbol stands for Kernel Panic. :(

Try another kernel maybe? :)

When i got that annoying thing i just tried with an another kernel. :)

The symbol stands for Kernel Panic. :P

Try another kernel maybe? :P

When i got that annoying thing i just tried with an another kernel. :)

Lol thanks for reply! What kernal should I use? I have a dell vostro 200 with 2GB RAM, 2GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 or something like that!

I have just booted from CD, it takes ages to load the installer! :/

Lol thanks for reply! What kernal should I use? I have a dell vostro 200 with 2GB RAM, 2GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 or something like that!

I have just booted from CD, it takes ages to load the installer! :/

Right, tried a different kernal, chose the bottom one instead of the top one, still got kernal panic!

HELLLPPPP!

• 1 year later...