PCI Audio device

3 posts in this topic

Hello guy's (and girls ofcourse),

I am trying to get my Creative X-Fi soundcard (PCI device) working in my system with version 10.4.5 installed. I tried the two methods i could find, namely loading a modified version of the AppleAC97Audio.kext and manualy modify of the kext file with adding my vendor and device id's (VEN 1102 DEV 0005). The first id from the installation guide for 10.4.6 and the second is from the technical faq section. But at the end, the part where the kext is loaded, I get the following error:

Mac-OS-X:/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns root# kextload AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext

2006-04-27 09:28:02.967 kextload[243] CFLog (0):

CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:

(UNKNOWN)

The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.

I am not very familiar with error messages in os x, due the the fact that I just started with os x. Does anybody know if these fixes only work with build-in device onto the motherboad? And if so, are there yet any solutions for pci devices?

I have added the text file for reference of the terminal input.

Thanks for any help what's how ever.

Eddie Turfboer.

X_Fi.txt