Updated Installaion Guide - Dell Latitude D830/630 (only Nvidia users)

SpeedCat1995

7 posts in this topic

Please someone move this to Tutorials.

There is an other Post for other D830/630 Users Here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86600

If you have Intel Graphics Card please use the upper guide.

This guide is only for Nvidia users!!!

For those who have problems downloading the attache Files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/219660940/Lati...OSX_Drivers.zip

So Let´s Start:

1. Before you start, backeup all your data. - If you don´t know how this works, forget about this thing!

2.Boot into your Bios (by pressing F2 on boot) select Maintenace>Load Defaults and confirm. Now go to Onboard Devices>SATA Operation and switch i to AHCI,confirm. Press the Esc key and select Save&Exit.

3.Now Press F12 at Boot, Insert your OSX DVD you made before, select CD/DVD-Rom Drive an press the Enter Key. When it tells you to press F8 and type: -v cpus=2 .

Mybe you need a few tries. The last time i tried it, it took my something like 20 tries.

If you´re lucky it woks the first time. If it really won´t work (always says somethining like Darwin Kernel 9...... and dosn´t do anything) You can try again doing step 2. If it doesn´t work erase your Hard Disk with an extra Boot CD (e.g. Hiren Boot CD). If it is woking it´s somewhere saying Firewire detected MaxBaud=........ and it´s writeing allot of lines with things nobody can understand. It will take a while so get a coffee and some Nuts.

4. When it has booted correctly select your language and press the next button. Again click continue and then accept. Now it will ask you to select the disk you want´t to install to, so select

Utilitities>Disk Utility from the Menu Bar. Disk Utility will start. Select your Hard Drive you want to install to and click on Partition. Now Patition your Hard Drive how you like. It don´t have to be 2 Partitions.

Here is an Example:

Partition Cheme: 2 Partitions 1st Partition: 30GB Nae: OSX 2nd Partition: 20GB Name:DATA

Caution: The Partition names must not include any special icons or spaces! Else your Hackintosh won´t Boot Later!!!

After you selected everything like you want it Press Partition and confirm it.

Now you can exit from Disk Utility.

Again in the Installer select the Partition you want to install to and click next.

Click Customize and only select:

From third_applications:

Kext Helper b7; Pacifist; Stuffit Expander you can select all the others if you wan´t but the ones listed here are needet for the steps after the installation. Click on finish and then on Install. It will ask you to check the DVD...you can skip that. The Istalltion process will take about 20-30 minutes so again grab your Coffee and Nuts or do what ever you like.After the installation the PC will be restarted automaticly.

5.When the Installation has Finished again select your Country. If it´s not listed ckeck the box show all. When you have selected press countinue.Choose your Keyboard Layout. If it´s not listed check the box Show all.Wen you have selected click countinue. Select Do not transfer my information now and click countinue. If it asks you to select a wirelles Service press differennetwork setup Else select my computer does not connect to the internet(can be changed later) and click countinue. Now enter some wrong stuff into the boxes and click countinue. Now select something and click countinue. Enter the information for your user account and click countinue. Select your time one and click countinue. Correct your time and date if needet and click countinue.Press Done.

Now you Have a Leopard Installation... But there re still allot of things to do!

No we are going to get your Hardware working:

6. So first lets get the Graphics working:

Dowload Graphics.zip and Extract it. Now open Kext Helper (from applications/koolsofts) and drag theextracted kext file into the big white field, enter your password in the box and press easy install, confirm it, Reboot when it tells you to. If you´re now going to System Preferences>Displays you can change your resolution.

7. So now let´s get the Sound working:

Download sound.zip, extract it... there should be 3 files inside so drag the codec_dump1.txt on the Frog Icon, enter your password,restart when it tells you to. If you shutdown the monitor will get Black or you´ll get Kernel Panic, Just turn off your computer by pressing the Powerbtton for more than 5 secs. This is a bug of the Nvidia driver that is not solven yet!!!If Anybody knows a solution please PM me!!! After the restartopen Kext Helper and drag the AppleHDA.kext in, type your password, press easy install, confirm and reboot when it tells you to. Now you have Sound.

8. Now let´s get your PCMCIA-Card-Slot working:

So Download and Extract PCMCIA.zip there should be 2 Files, Open Kext helper drag the 2 files in, type your password, klick easy install, confirm and reboot when it tellsyou to. Aftr the reboot open Terminal (from applications/utilities) now type: sudo dmesg | grep PC and press enter. It should say something about yor PCI confiuration changeing and also somewhere it should say something of 02 Micro. You can Close the window.

9.Let´s Get Sleep Working:

Download Sleep.zip, and extract it, open Kext Helper and drag the two Kexts inside type in your password and klick easy install,confirm and reboot when it tells you to.

10. Let´s Get the Broadcom Lan Card (57xx) working:

So Download and unzip Network.zip. Once again open Kext Helper and drag the extracted kext in.

What you should do now you should know by your own... if not your IQ might be less than the one of my dog(sorry but i had to say this!). But anyway: Type in your password, press easy Install, confirm and reboot when it tells you to.

11. So now last but not least we´ll get your BatteryMeter working correctly:

Download and unzip powermanagement.zip navigate to System/library/Systemconfiguration/ and delete powermangement.bundle (drag it to the trash icon in the Dock) click authenticate, type your password and click ok. Now drag and drop the extrated powermanagement.bundle to the folder again autenticate and reboot.

What´s Working:

1. Both cores of your proccessor
  2. Internal Speakers(+ - and Mute Button works)
  3. Headphones
  4. Line-In (Microphone)
  5. Hardware Accelerated Graphics (with any resolution+External Monitor Support)
  6. Sleep
  7. Wireless Internet (If you have the Dell Wireless 1390, 1490, or 1500)
  8. Touchpad and Keyboard
  9. Correct recognition of all hardware in System Profiler (Except system model, Boot rom, and serial number)
  10. PCMCIA Card Slot
  11. CD/DVD Burning
  12. High speed hard drive access (w/ AHCI)
  13. Ethernet (Broadcom NetXtreme 5755m Gigabit Ethernet)
  14. Battery Meter (Displays percent and time)

What dosn´t Work:

1. Internal Microphone ;)
  2. Correct measurement of CPU temperature and CPU fan RPM speed
  3. System Shutdown/Reboot (Graphics drivers causes this for NVIDIA users.)

If anybody knows how to get anything working that dosn´t work by now please tell us!

Allthrough i wan´t to thank all those driver developers out there and also roneil4 for his Guide about the same Topic I was setting up my PC with his Guide before i made this. Allong his topic i collected allot of extra knowledge. I made this because his topic was really spammed with allot of trash. I think this guide is putting everything together clearly.

For those who have problems downloading the attache Files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/219660940/Lati...OSX_Drivers.zip

If the English isn´t perfect .... I´m German! :P

The Post still need allot of Corrections!!! But in this moment i don´have any time!

Please someone move this to Tutorials.

Graphics.zip

Network.zip

PCMCIA.zip

PowerManagement.zip

Sleep.zip

Sound.zip

• 4 months later...

hey guys, have either of you gotten graphics working on snow leopard? I find that my nvkush which worked well on leopard no longer works as smoothly on snow leopard, although it still works. it just lags a tiny bit.

I have a D630 with the Nvidia GPU, I have been trying the Kalayay 10.5.2 DVD but can not get it to boot all I get is the "You must restart your computer" grey screen. I went by the guide step by step. What gives. Any one can help it would be great!

Cinch

• 2 weeks later...
I have a D630 with the Nvidia GPU, I have been trying the Kalayay 10.5.2 DVD but can not get it to boot all I get is the "You must restart your computer" grey screen. I went by the guide step by step. What gives. Any one can help it would be great!

Cinch

Did you set the HD to AHCI mode did you try to reset your Bios again ?

Do you Boot with -v cpus=2 ?????

you maybe have to trie a few times!

• 2 weeks later...
Did you set the HD to AHCI mode did you try to reset your Bios again ?

Do you Boot with -v cpus=2 ?????

you maybe have to trie a few times!

I have a D830 and I can't get atkos v7 or iPC 10.5.6 to boot the install DVD for anything... Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0 blah blah blah is where it stops every time. I have tried just about every combination of switches I have found.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bios set to default then changed sata to AHCI. tried cpus=2 -v, tried -v -x noapic cpus=2, I mean I have tried everything I could think of. {censored} lol

So I ended up getting iATKOS 5i and that worked great. Then ran software update and now happily running 10.5.8.

I did have to try to boot with just -v about 4 times for it to boot to the install screen.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a D830 and I can't get atkos v7 or iPC 10.5.6 to boot the install DVD for anything... Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0 blah blah blah is where it stops every time. I have tried just about every combination of switches I have found.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bios set to default then changed sata to AHCI. tried cpus=2 -v, tried -v -x noapic cpus=2, I mean I have tried everything I could think of. {censored} lol

So I ended up getting iATKOS 5i and that worked great. Then ran software update and now happily running 10.5.8.

I did have to try to boot with just -v about 4 times for it to boot to the install screen.

Now did you have to use any command line options to get it to boot? I tried 10.5.6 and got it to boot and install once, but my keyboard and mouse wouldn't work (unless I plugged in a USB of either) and the keyboard would act like there was a stuck key... lol

Did you have to use any command line options for booting the iATKOS 5i ?

I will post my results..