MAC/pc gaming Darwine--> need HELP!

3 posts in this topic

hello, i JUST got a new macBook yesterday (as of this post). i have been a pc gamer for a while, but that doesn't mean much. i downloaded Darwine, then downloaded phantasy star online Blue Burst from schtserv.com (i am a member, or at least, i was when i used windows), and things looked like they were going smoothely. after the windows installer.exe finished downloading, darwine 1.1.18 (is that even the newest version?) succesfully installed the game, succesfully initiated update status, and then went to s#$%. i tried to start the game, and it just disapeared. (nothing on the dock, nothing under darwine, no fully installed anything, finder couldnt find it.. :/) so...i re-installed it. i tried to change the options, thinking that macs dont do full screen windows games, and i couldnt save my changed options, etc, etc, etc. so in short, my macbook (intel version, leapard, osx, w/e) can run SOME part of my beloved pso, but not all. can anyone help me?

Darwine is not made for gaming. (and wine on mac is very unstable anyhow, too many opengl bugs, though some of us are working on fixes :) )

If I were you I would:

Try Crossover Games (a program by codeweavers, google it and you'll find it)

If that fails, try using a virtual environment such as VMware.

If that fails too, install boot camp. Google it if you're unsure, it's very easy to install. If you have disk space, time, and a windows install dvd I recommend this option.