core i7, new build.

6 posts in this topic

hello!

i have a osx86 box, right now and i am planning on building on a new machine with the following specs.

Mushkin [6GB]

EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR

nVidia 8800GT

which distro should i use?

or should i get a different mobo?

hello!

i have a osx86 box, right now and i am planning on building on a new machine with the following specs.

Mushkin [6GB]

EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR

nVidia 8800GT

which distro should i use?

or should i get a different mobo?

motherboard good but use a different video card use the evga nvidia geforce 9800gtx, thats my idea

I already have the card from my previous build, and I already got it working so yeah...

Would you recomend, evga or gigabyte?

I heard Evga has sound issues when installing osx89. A lot of people are saying gigabyte, but personally if evga does work I would suggest getting a evga. Word on the street is there the best mobo's around. I'm still not sure which mobo i should go with either...Asus,Gigabyte or Evga.

You wouldn't want anything less than the quality of that evga board would you? They have resolved the sound issues the board is having, other than that its fine, so go get the board and start your journey :) welcome to us.

You wouldn't want anything less than the quality of that evga board would you? They have resolved the sound issues the board is having, other than that its fine, so go get the board and start your journey :whistle: welcome to us.

i went with the evga!

i also upgraded the card to the 260 with teh core 216

does that work?