Cant get to installation screen.

Lambros

70 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have Kalyway 10.5.2, iAtkos 10.5.2 and iAtkos 10.5.5.

I would like to not have to download another version if possible....

So, I put in the iAtkos disks, and none loaded. When I put in -v for 10.5.5, it flashed up with some text, then restarted my computer.

With 10.5.2 (iAtkos) I put in -v, and had no luck. I had the same problem I had with Kalyway, which is listed below.

With Kalyway 10.5.2, I put in the disk, and waited for it to load, and came to the conclusion that it was getting nowhere....

With -v, the last few lines were as follows:

Mac OS Version:

Not set yet

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE.I386

And nothing else appeared after that.

For -x, I got the following at the end:

Loading HFS+ file: (for ages, then the following appeared in a smaller text)

Extension "com.apple.driver.com.Apple PCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style

So, I had no idea what to do.

Here are my specs:

System Model: MS-7528

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Video: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT (1GB)

Sound: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

What should I do?

Thanks very much.

PS: Im inexperienced at this so please dont use complicated terms. :)

I just got iDeneb and installed it, and I got this as an error when i typed -v (as shown in the image).

When I typed -x I got the error to use only one style or something like that.

Can someone please help, I really need to install it.

Thanks!

post-297330-1239346773_thumb.jpg

@ Lambros

How much RAM have you got installed? Is your HDD SATA or PATA? Is your DVDRW SATA or PATA?

@ Lambros

How much RAM have you got installed? Is your HDD SATA or PATA? Is your DVDRW SATA or PATA?

I have 4gb of DDR2 RAM at 800MHz

My HDD is SAMSUNG HD103UJ ATA Device

My DVD is HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 ATA Device

I dont know whether they are SATA or PATA. I tried changing my HDD bios settings, like SMART and all that, with no luck. Sometimes the error message would change when i made the changes. It would change to that one that says "use only one style"

Thanks for your reply!

Lambros.

I have 4gb of DDR2 RAM at 800MHz

My HDD is SAMSUNG HD103UJ ATA Device

My DVD is HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 ATA Device

I dont know whether they are SATA or PATA. I tried changing my HDD bios settings, like SMART and all that, with no luck. Sometimes the error message would change when i made the changes. It would change to that one that says "use only one style"

Thanks for your reply!

Lambros.

AFIK you have:

Intel G31 Chipset and Intel ICH7 Chipset

ACPI 2.0 compliant

Audio 7.1-channel using Realtek ALC888

Network/Ethernet using Realtek 8111C

4 x SATA connectors in ICH7

1 x ATA100 IDE connector in ICH7

Max 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 667/800 RAM

No Firewire

4 x USB 2.0 ports

1 Ethernet port

1 x PCI-E x16 Graphic Card slot

Your SAMSUNG HD103UJ is a SATA HDD and your HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 is x22 speed PATA DVDRW

So

1. Confirm if your PATA DVDRW is connected to the end of a 80 wire IDE cable and has its jumper set to Master......

2. Post screenshots of your current BIOS settings (menues and submenus) and the alternative settings positions.....

•  

AFIK you have:

Intel G31 Chipset and Intel ICH7 Chipset

ACPI 2.0 compliant

Audio 7.1-channel using Realtek ALC888

Network/Ethernet using Realtek 8111C

4 x SATA connectors in ICH7

1 x ATA100 IDE connector in ICH7

Max 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 667/800 RAM

No Firewire

4 x USB 2.0 ports

1 Ethernet port

1 x PCI-E x16 Graphic Card slot

Your SAMSUNG HD103UJ is a SATA HDD and your HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 is x22 speed PATA DVDRW

So

1. Confirm if your PATA DVDRW is connected to the end of a 80 wire IDE cable and has its jumper set to Master......

2. Post screenshots of your current BIOS settings (menues and submenus) and the alternative settings positions.....

•  

Thanks for the reply.....

How do I check the 1st thing you asked? Do I have to open up my computer? I'd prefer not to if I can prevent it.

Will get the bios settings for you asap.

Lambros.

@ Lambros

If you find you cannot boot the OS X Install DVD.....your IDE connection/Jumper setting may be the cause.....see here for my write-up on IDE connections.....

@ Lambros

If you find you cannot boot the OS X Install DVD.....your IDE connection/Jumper setting may be the cause.....see here for my write-up on IDE connections.....

so i have to open it up?

any other ideas?

can i tell u my bios first, then we decide from there?

Lambros.

so i have to open it up?

any other ideas?

can i tell u my bios first, then we decide from there?

Lambros.

I am OK with that.....

Hey,

I found this....

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.6

My motherboard is MS-7528 (MSI).

It says something about a driver....

XxX 10.5.6 Working cpus=1 flag for installer. Voodoo 9.5 kernel 1 and Realtek ALC888 Driver here + THIS PATCHER .

What do I do with that patcher?

Does this fix my problem?

Thanks!

Your Audio chipset codec is Realtek ALC888 and your Ethernet chipset codec is Realtek RTL8111C......the patcher is just an Azalia.app that patches the ALC888 driver to sort out the sound on your MOBO......it does not fix your booting problem.....

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the screens as requested....

Thank you so much for all your help insanelymac, especially verdant, who has helped me the whole way through....(ONLY VERDANT!) haha

if anyone else can help it would be much appreciated, but I am very thankful to verdant for all his help, he seems to know all there is to know about hackintosh.

post-297330-1240452918_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240452946_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240452970_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240453003_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240453027_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240453047_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240453064_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240453081_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240453100_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240453122_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240453164_thumb.jpg

And I opened up the computer, wanting to see what this new PC of mine had in it....It looked like an 80-wire cord connecting to the CD/DVD Drive and HDD Drive, although I'm not really sure what you wanted to see. Attached are 3 photos of the inside. Tell me if it helps, or if you need me to take some more pics.

And I also annotated one of the pictures, although you probably know much more about it than me. :)

Thanks!

Actually, it seems that the 80-wire cord connects from the CD/DVD Drive by going under the HDD, and connecting through the blue part. To me it seemed that the cord wasn't plugged in, but I noticed that the black connector wasn't connected and it went under the HDD through to the MOBO.

What does that mean?

Thanks!

post-297330-1240473511_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240473837_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240473893_thumb.jpg

post-297330-1240473917_thumb.jpg

BIOS settings:

Set Primary Graphics Adapter to External

Enable PCI-IDE Busmaster

Set RAID mode to AHCI (this may cause Windows not to boot, you may have to reinstall SATA controller drivers under Windows)

Enable HPET

Disable Spread Spectrum

The black plug on the gray IDE-PATA cable that's not connected to anything is there so that you can connect another optical drive or hard drive as slave device on the same IDE channel. The red cable that goes to the hard drive is a SATA cable.

Type CPUS=1 -v at the darwin boot prompt and see if it gets any further.

Verdant, how do you tell whether his cable is 40 or 80 conductor?

Is it 40 if the 'pin 1' line is red? Sounds too simple to be true :)

I have a 80 conductor cable that has "80 conductor" written on it..another one has a blue 'pin 1' line. Other than that...how?

Enable PCI-IDE Busmaster in the BIOS.

The black plug on the gray IDE-PATA cable that's not connected to anything is there so that you can connect another optical drive or hard drive as slave device on the same IDE channel. The red cable that goes to the hard drive is a SATA cable.

Type CPUS=1 -v at the darwin boot prompt and see if it gets any further.

Verdant, how do you tell whether his cable is 40 or 80 conductor?

Is it 40 if the 'pin 1' line is red? Sounds too simple to be true :D

I have a 80 conductor cable that has "80 conductor" written on it..another one has a blue 'pin 1' line. Other than that...how?

Will try right now, yes from the pics i think one of the wires was red or something like that if thats what you are talking about. brb with the results.

Thanks!

Will try right now, yes from the pics i think one of the wires was red or something like that if thats what you are talking about. brb with the results.

Thanks!

I cant find that option anywhere in the bios....judging from the screens i posted, where is it?

Thanks!

Primary Graphics Adapter Set from internal to PCI-E (options were internal, PCI and PCI-E)

Enabled PCI-IDE Busmaster

NO CHANGE to RAID mode - only option was IDE

Enabled HPET

Disabled Spread Spectrum

Mucked around with SMART - Enabled and Disabled but no changes occurred.

Error: Waiting on <dict ID="o"><key>IOProviderClass</key>....

does that have something to do with I/O Device Setting in BIOS?

Thanks!

found this....

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t23323.html

What is USB Legacy? Someone had the same error after installation, but he disabled USB Legacy.

Does that help?

Thanks!

Leave SMART enabled, it's not an issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Monitori...ting_Technology

USB Legacy support enables USB input device support before an OS is loaded (historically it's for MS-DOS).

This can cause USB not to work properly in OSX on some hardware. In my BIOS this is set to 'auto' and it's not causing any trouble.

If you disable it you won't be able to use your USB keyboard on the Darwin boot prompt to type CPUS=1 -v for example.

You could type "what is Legacy USB" into google and find the same information.

Did you try booting with CPUS=1 -v yet?

Leave SMART enabled, it's not an issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Monitori...ting_Technology

USB Legacy support enables USB input device support before an OS is loaded (historically it's for MS-DOS).

This can cause USB not to work properly in OSX on some hardware. In my BIOS this is set to 'auto' and it's not causing any trouble.

If you disable it you won't be able to use your USB keyboard on the Darwin boot prompt to type CPUS=1 -v for example.

You could type "what is Legacy USB" into google and find the same information.

Did you try booting with CPUS=1 -v yet?

Yes I did and I got the same error as stated before....what do you recommend???

Is it still possible?

If your PATA cable is 40-conductor, you should try again with an 80 conductor cable. I don't know how to tell from your photos. I think Verdant might. In the meantime, open your case again and check if something is written on the cable. Look if it says 40 or 80 somewhere.

Try another OSx86 DVD - for example iPC 10.5.6 final.

It's possible that the DVD you're using now has no drivers on it for the PATA controller on your motherboard.

I'm not saying the following is guaranteed to work, it's just something to try.

Buy a/borrow someones SATA DVD drive

Or buy a converter that will let you plug in your PATA DVD drive on a SATA port.

Not recommending any of these in particular - this is just to get an idea what I'm talking about:

If you're going to do this, look for reviews of the device first to make sure you get one that works well.

Yes I did and I got the same error as stated before....what do you recommend???

Is it still possible?

I tried using different versions of osx86 but none were successful.

I tried using different versions of osx86 but none were successful.

What if i were to boot off USB? Also, how would i boot off usb? how can you extract an image to a USB? is there a program like nero that does it?

I don't understand your USB question. Your problem is that you can't boot from the DVD. Of course you could try with an external USB DVD drive.

Can I ask why you keep quoting yourself all the time?

---

Your IDE controller has some strange settings related to IRQ handling.

Try changing those and see if it will boot. Looks like you can set to 'disabled', 'hardwired' and some other stuff. Try all the settings.

It looks like 'disabled' doesn't actually disable it but just doesn't assign an IRQ to it.

Try disabling on-board LAN, try disabling the parallel and serial ports.

Try removing your video card and reconfigure your BIOS to use the on-board video (set shared VGA RAM to the maximum supported amount) and see if it will boot then.