USB Problems

Muchapo79

4 posts in this topic

USB are working fine except for this, my hardware usb devices (soundcard/pendrive) need to be plugged and powered on before the system to boot so they're recognized and working. Whenever i boot before pluggin/power on them they're not even seen... does everybody happen the same or am i the only one?

EDIT***I have disabled usb legacy on mainboard setup and now the usb are working right within osx, but usb keyboard & mouse stopped working within xp so i had to re-enable legacy support.... any chance of getting both os to work?

USB are working fine except for this, my hardware usb devices (soundcard/pendrive) need to be plugged and powered on before the system to boot so they're recognized and working. Whenever i boot before pluggin/power on them they're not even seen... does everybody happen the same or am i the only one?

I have the same problem with my USB audio device (a Pioneer receiver in my case). It works (with sound and OSX even recognized the name of the receiver in the system info tool) when I have it turned on and plugged in before booting up my Mac PC.

Even worst, even when OSX recognized the device (I have verified this with the system info tool - it is listed as a connected USB device) 25% of the time I got no sound at all. The sound setting screen does not have the receiver in the list but the USB device list includes the receiver! Any idea why?

May be I should get a real Mac...

yeah you might need specific INTEL drivers for your usb soundcard. I have my m-audio fast track pro running with drivers for intel macs and it works great, all features working just like native. You can get the usb workint by disabling usb legacy support within bius setup of your mainboard, but for me the usb keyboard and mouse stopped working in windows so i had to turn it back on. Hope this to help in any way...