Microsoft Ads Take Aim At Mac Prices

Technobob

53 posts in this topic

a piece of {censored} that only cost $250 to build, and is 2 year old tech. The Mac Mini at $599 doesn't even come with a monitor, and is the hardware equivalent of a refurbished 2 year old PC that would be $250.

what an absolutely snotty thing to say about "the poor". I wasn't talking about "the poor" you racist piece of {censored}. I was talking about lower income and lower-middle class families.

wow, I guess it's just proving my point more how arrogant Mac fanboys are.

*chuckle* Please don't generalize. I'm quite a fan of Apple but I wouldn't say a thing like that.

a piece of {censored} that only cost $250 to build, and is 2 year old tech. The Mac Mini at $599 doesn't even come with a monitor, and is the hardware equivalent of a refurbished 2 year old PC that would be $250.

what an absolutely snotty thing to say about "the poor". I wasn't talking about "the poor" you racist piece of {censored}. I was talking about lower income and lower-middle class families.

Really? You could build a mac mini for $250? You could build one "sorta" like it for $300 or so. It would be a lot larger. It probably wouldn't come with wireless N and bluetooth incorporated. It would not come with a built in IR or firewire 800. It wouldn't have a slot loading drive DVD burner but I'm kinda "ehn" on those anyway. Oh yeah, it would not come with Leopard installed (that's $130 right there). So you end up with a computer that takes up a lot more desk space and needs a lot of add ons to do everything the mini does out of the box.

This is why the pricing issue always gets exaggerated. People fail to factor in all that Macs have built in from the start. Everyone just looks at RAM, processor and storage space and make the call on that. Laptops are a little more even but then you get into the backlit LED screens and such that I don't know much about (I've been stuck on desktops for awhile).

Are Macs overpriced? Absolutly. Are they as overpriced as everyone says they are? No.

Now, are the "upgrades" offered through Apple a total rip off? You bet your ass they are. Good thing we can do those ourselves and save a mint.

For me, personally, the choice between a Mac Mini and a Hack is a tough call. When more used samples of the latest Mini start showing up, it will be tougher still. Cause I am poor and I don't buy new.

I would like to know where you buy your hardware from because your not buying retail or wholesale must be black market. You have no clue what hardware cost like your claim to have built a comparable Mac Pro system for $400 using the same hardware, mine set be back $1600CAD and no Xeon chips.

Well it's clear we have a little boy here with a dirty mouth, I'd suggest you cram a bar of soap in it and then come back here in a few years when you have grown up.

FYI I grew up poor my single mother raised 7 kids so I know very well what being poor is and we bought used items when ever possible, my first 4 computers were used.