jas's 4.6 install dvd, boot problem

johnnylemar

5 posts in this topic

Been trying to install Jas's 4.6 dvd, It seems to install fine up to the last reboot. then all it does is to keep restarting. I am a bit new to all of this. I had 4.5 installed previously stright from a dvd.But without any wireless, slight pixel problem, and freezing up when not been used.

My setup is a sony viao VGN A117S laptop, intel sse2.

I erased the 4.5 installation , and did a clean installation, but still have the same problem

Am i missing somthing here, its just missing that last boot. I have read that some people have selected to omit certain things when installing, like installing only with sse2, or without the amd installer. How do you do this. The custom install, doesnt seem to seperate the sse2, intel or amd installer options.

Anyway, hope i am making my self clear. Is there some instructions on how to patch and copy drivers etc.

Any help would be apreciated--Thanks in advance

Well it goes as far as saying the sofware was succesfully installed, then it goes to reboot, but ends up with a black/grey screen, for a few mins, then just carries on repeating this reboot sequence, going nowhere... tried reinstalling several times.

4.5, installs no problem....how do i select the option for a sse2 intel install

Thanks in advance

Do you have an AMD or Intel Chip?

A lot of OS X86 Systems (mine included) will not reboot, only shut down. After I get done installing any version, and it goes to reboot, I just hit reset on my tower. Try doing that and see if you can boot into OS X.

I have a intel chip sse2, but i'am on a sony viao laptop. And i'am not too clued up on what button that would be for my laptop, still trying to work out what key does what

anway thanks sofar for any replies, got to get some kip for work in the morn. Hopefully i might get some answers to the problem lata.