iAtkos v4i

vectorcell

14 posts in this topic

Hi. I have been trying to install iAtkos v4i on my PC for a few days now but had no success with it. Everytime I boot my PC with the disc, I get to Darwin bootloader and I type in: -v and I get this error:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Extention "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies... ... ...

components; use only one style

That is as far as I get to. I cannot even boot into the disk and use Disc Ultility and such. So I was just wondering if any of you guys here have encountered the same problem that I have and offer me a little help? I am dying to get Leopard on my PC. Saving up for a real Mac though...

Here's my PC specs:

Acer M5640

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz

2046MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS (1264MB)

Realtek High Definition Audio

BIOS Date: 04/16/08 Ver: 08.00.15

Thanks! :D

Hi. I have been trying to install iAtkos v4i on my PC for a few days now but had no success with it. Everytime I boot my PC with the disc, I get to Darwin bootloader and I type in: -v and I get this error:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Extention "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies... ... ...

components; use only one style

That is as far as I get to. I cannot even boot into the disk and use Disc Ultility and such. So I was just wondering if any of you guys here have encountered the same problem that I have and offer me a little help? I am dying to get Leopard on my PC. Saving up for a real Mac though...

Here's my PC specs:

Acer M5640

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz

2046MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS (1264MB)

Realtek High Definition Audio

BIOS Date: 04/16/08 Ver: 08.00.15

Thanks! :D

Anyone? :)

can you tell us what options are you selecting from the custom install menu please

iatkos version 4 works ok on that type of machine but you still need to select proper drivers for SATA

can you tell us what sata chipset you have please

can you tell us what options are you selecting from the custom install menu please

iatkos version 4 works ok on that type of machine but you still need to select proper drivers for SATA

can you tell us what sata chipset you have please

Hey! Thanks for the reply! :(

The thing is... I cannot even boot into the iAtkos v4i disc so I cannot choose anything from the custom install menu as I cannot even get to the custom install menu. Any ideas why I get that error when I try to boot from the iAtkos v4i disc?

And how can I check my SATA chipset from Windows Vista?

Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the reply! :(

The thing is... I cannot even boot into the iAtkos v4i disc so I cannot choose anything from the custom install menu as I cannot even get to the custom install menu. Any ideas why I get that error when I try to boot from the iAtkos v4i disc?

And how can I check my SATA chipset from Windows Vista?

Thanks!

get a program called Everest

get a program called Everest

Wow! Quick reply!

Ok. So I check it out with CPU-Z, and this is what I got:

Motherboard

Manufacturer: ACER

Model: MCP73 NVIDIA MCP73

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 7100

Rev: A2

Southbridge: NVIDIA nForce 630i

LPCIO: ITE IT8718

So any idea why i cannot boot into iAtkos v4i? :P

Anybody? :)

To check your Desktop BIOS settings.......see my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset thread...... :D

Hey! I have read through the thread. Does my BIOS settings have anything to do with the error in booting the iAtkos v4i disc?

Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Ensure that your BIOS settings match the recommended settings for OS X.......