Netflix Instant View

SMUJeremy

19 posts in this topic

I got Silverlight 2.0 to install but everytime I try to run instant view I get this error:

Unable to playback protected content (DRM). Please close your browser and try again.

Error 8151

I just tried applying a new AppleSMBIOS that tells system profile I am running a Intel Core Duo processor but still get the same error. Any ideas?

I got Silverlight 2.0 to install but everytime I try to run instant view I get this error:

Unable to playback protected content (DRM). Please close your browser and try again.

Error 8151

I just tried applying a new AppleSMBIOS that tells system profile I am running a Intel Core Duo processor but still get the same error. Any ideas?

If I recall correctly, you will need to have the serial #, make/model and ROM version other than the stock hackintosh defaults. There are a few SMBIOS's around that fix this. I believe that Netkas had one that fixes Second Life and many other apps/webs - you might give that a try.

Regards,

Searay

Try this;

Silverlight Fix

You can install the pkg or use Pacifist to extract the plug-in.

Thanks to critic81 for the original concept - Using the method to patch the above I will build a patcher if I have time.

Let me know if this works for you.

regards,

Searay

I do have Silverlight installed already, it just doesn't work for netflix.

The attached is a patched version to avoid the system check (as in the issue your having with netflix and your current silverlight)...

You cannot install Microsoft® Silverlight™ Browser Plug-In on this volume. A newer version of this software already exists on this volume.

I used finder and searched silverlight and drug it to the trashcan and restarted.

You cannot install Microsoft® Silverlight™ Browser Plug-In on this volume. A newer version of this software already exists on this volume.

I used finder and searched silverlight and drug it to the trashcan and restarted.

I am working on patching the newest silverlight later today - I am hoping that the above works so I know if my efforts are going to help you or not...

Let me know if it helps or not and I will give you an updated version as soon as I have it done.

Regards,

Searay

Thanks, if you could get it to work, that would be awesome. I finally have geekbench thinking I have a MacPro2,1 but netflix still doesn't work. Silverlight works even with the install from microsoft without removing the check, but netflix doesn't work.

I am on an AMD X2 4200+.

I am joining Netflix tonight to test my patching - did you manage to get the older version of the silverlight plugin I gave you installed? were you able to test it?

Nope, it kept giving me an error saying that a newer version is already installed...even though I deleted all silverlight files that came up in spotlight.

While I am working on the new one, you could just use Pacifist to install the copy I gave you manually...

When you open pacifist and browse the package it will show the path the plug in should be installed to.

1. Open pacifist and the package I gave you

2. Extract the plug in to your desktop

3. Open terminal and navigate to your desktop.

4. Type "sudo mv /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin.old"

5. Type "sudo cp -r Silverlight.plugin /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/"

6. Reboot

This should install the plugin I gave you and you can test it.

Let me know it this works

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If your having this issue, it is likely due to your ethernet not being setup fully. You may have working ethenet or wireless but if en0 is not registering as "built-in" to the OS then won't be able to stream NetFlix. Time machine has the same issue, but there is a hack that is floating around that gets TM working but otherwise covers up the real issue.

On my board, all I needed to do was add an EFI string for my on board ethernet, reboot, and trash all of the networking/TM kexts and reboot (so they get recreated) and it registered properly. Easiest way to verify is to look at /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. There should be an element called "IOBuiltin" with value of "True". Don't try to edit that file directly, it's built by the OS.

I'm lucky because my on board ethernet is supported ootb by a native kext. On previous hacks I've built like my 965P board, I had to do some hard core hacking using a DSDT.aml file to get the "built-in" mojo.

• 2 months later...