100% Working Power Management on Asus P5KPL-CM

themacmeister

5 posts in this topic

This has to be the cheapest motherboard you can buy, and I have been struggling for a year to get Sleep working.

My dream has now come true, as I now have 100% working sleep, tested sleeping for 18hrs, with full auto remount of all USB/network mounts, and all hardware operational after waking! wOOt!

To do this you need to:

install - VoodooPower.kext, VoodooUSBEHCI.kext, Restart Fix (one core.c fix).

remove - AppleCPUThermo.kext, AppleFan.kext, AppleThermal.kext

As an added bonus, the processor now runs 5 degrees Celsius cooler.

All I need now to make this a perfect OSX86 box, is fully working sound (integrated VIA HDA only stereo out via AppleAzalia), and Attansic L1 integrated gigabit (no, the current driver only works for one device ID).

Happy Hackintoshing!

PS. follow VoodooPower installation instructions to the letter. Also, some editing of bundle version numbers (within VoodooPower.kext only) may be necessary to ensure full compatibility with your OS (eg. 8.0.0 might be 8.0.0b, 1.6 might now be 1.6.1) - you only need to do this if it doesn't seem to be working on your setup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This has to be the cheapest motherboard you can buy, and I have been struggling for a year to get Sleep working.

My dream has now come true, as I now have 100% working sleep, tested sleeping for 18hrs, with full auto remount of all USB/network mounts, and all hardware operational after waking! wOOt!

To do this you need to:

install - VoodooPower.kext, VoodooUSBEHCI.kext, Restart Fix (one core.c fix).

remove - AppleCPUThermo.kext, AppleFan.kext, AppleThermal.kext

As an added bonus, the processor now runs 5 degrees Celsius cooler.

All I need now to make this a perfect OSX86 box, is fully working sound (integrated VIA HDA only stereo out via AppleAzalia), and Attansic L1 integrated gigabit (no, the current driver only works for one device ID).

Happy Hackintoshing!

PS. follow VoodooPower installation instructions to the letter. Also, some editing of bundle version numbers (within VoodooPower.kext only) may be necessary to ensure full compatibility with your OS (eg. 8.0.0 might be 8.0.0b, 1.6 might now be 1.6.1) - you only need to do this if it doesn't seem to be working on your setup.

Where can I download those kext??? Thanks in advance. Yeah, I almost got mac running perfect on mine too. No sleep is the one issue I really like to solve. Please help me out

• 1 month later...

I think the easiest way to make this work properly (seeing I no longer have OSX on this system - and have a new AMD system with 100% working sleep too!), is to DISABLE LEGACY USB in the BIOS, and use a USB Mouse/Keyboard, with no PS/2 Fix applied.

You will not be able to add kernel flags etc. at startup, but the USB works perfectly after that.

I have yet to test this, but I am sure it is correct. You may not even have to install VoodooPower/VoodooEHCI either.