Would I Be Able to use BootCamp?

Jonny Snow

4 posts in this topic

I'm new and I don't know if this question has been answered already so I'm really sorry if it has. I've been searching online for awhile trying to find a solution but there's been no luck for me. I have a WinME install disk from an old PC computer, a Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade disk and I downloaded SP2 to my Mac. Is there a way to compile them all so that BootCamp will recognize it and let me install Windows or am I out of luck again? I would find a way to slipstream but the old PC doesn't have a CD-R burner. If any of you have any clues I'd be so grateful.

Thank you so so much. :blink:

I assume your talking about a real Intel Mac right? Usually you can do a clean install with an upgrade disk but you will have to either insert your original when prompted or make a fake windows directory. You may try slipstreamimg sp2 and mounting that iso on your Mac (that way you wouldn't need to burn it) but I'm not sure if Bootcamp will allow an install from a disk image. Good luck.

Unfortunately when you are in the process of installing windows, the eject key won't work so I can't just use the Upgrade disk and switch to the WinME or visa versa. I haven't tried seeing if Bootcamp will boot from a disk image so I'll try that. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

You have to use a Windows XP Home or Professional Edition FULL install CD to use Windows. The upgrades and disk images won't work. I suppose MAYBE the upgrade would work if you want to take apart your superdrive and yank the CD out of there then you could.