Xp on seperate hard drive?

2 posts in this topic

I have a machine with a GA-EP35-DS3l, on which I intend to install BOOT132 retail leopard, Kalyway or iDeneb. I would install the OSX86 OS on a 1TB SATA drive. I also have a 120GB IDE drive installed on which I want to put XP (for COD 5, and also just for now because I won't get around to installing OSX86 for a while). If I have XP on the IDE drive and OSX86 on the SATA drive, will I be able to just go into the BIOS and choose which one is the boot drive, and it will boot into the respective OS. Or is it not that simple?

Also, is it possible to use Bootcamp on the SATA drive with OSX86, or would I have to have a real mac to do that?

-thx ;)

I have a machine with a GA-EP35-DS3l, on which I intend to install BOOT132 retail leopard, Kalyway or iDeneb. I would install the OSX86 OS on a 1TB SATA drive. I also have a 120GB IDE drive installed on which I want to put XP (for COD 5, and also just for now because I won't get around to installing OSX86 for a while). If I have XP on the IDE drive and OSX86 on the SATA drive, will I be able to just go into the BIOS and choose which one is the boot drive, and it will boot into the respective OS. Or is it not that simple?

Even simpler than your thinking just hit the F12 key when booting to get to the boot devices menu here you can select which hard drive to boot from. It is best to set the IDE drive in the BIOS as the first boot device so it would be the default OS booted and when you install the windows make sure to disconnect the power from the SATA so windows won't screw with it. Oh and if your going to have more than 3gb of ram in the machine you will want the Jmicron ATA fixed .kext installed otherwise you will get kernel panics.

Also, is it possible to use Bootcamp on the SATA drive with OSX86, or would I have to have a real mac to do that?

-thx ;)

Mac only but you can use something like VirtualBox to run windows inside a virtual machine.