Building 8 hackintoshs

5 posts in this topic

I would like to someone to review my build and let me know your thoughts as to updatability. These are going to run Vista and OSX. They need to be stable as they will be used as development machines. I will buy a full copy of OSX and Vista fo each machine. I already own about 15 macs. I do not want mac pros, I want hackintoshs.

I do have experience with hackintoshs. I have built several and currently have a fully updateable one, that is very stable.

I will need full retail installs that will be updatable through apple. And I will deal with the legality issues.

Specs:

MOBO GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard $194.99

CPU Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache LGA 1366 $288.99

RAM G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) $94.99

Graphics ZOTAC ZT-96TEY3P-FSP GeForce 9600 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 $125.99

PSU Antec TP-750 Blue 750W Continuous power ATX12V V2.3 $169.95

Case Thermaltake SopranoRS VG7000BWS Black SECC $62.99

HD Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA $99.99

Vista $99.00

OSX $119.00

Thank You

good luck. how does one get around the legality thing?

i am interested in waiting until dual socket lga 1366 mobos and chips arrive to do basicly the same thing.

Spend the money to take on apple. My company is willing to test apples claim to apple hardware. We will buy legal copies of OS X and if apple has a problem we are willing to fight it out in court. It isnt about the money. We can afford the macs. We dont want macs.

My uestions is about the best mobo for i7's any suggestions

For the price, thats the best board you can get. Very nice configs, i'd build once 10.5.7's released. :)

I agree, good config but If you need them now the most stable (and as a production rig it NEEDS to be stable) is the P45 / Q9XX rig. If you can wait for 10.5.7 for the i7 updates go with them. I do production and the Q9550 is a friggin' powerhouse (and I always shoot for the most stable rig...)

Also if you want a bit more performance out of your graphics rig (if you are doing 3d rendering or things where tying into the GPU might be a boon) take a look at the little mentioned 9600gso. Had a 9600gt, power hungry, overheating beast... gso is basically a re-branded 8800gs at less cost.