Blank screen + mouse after install 10.4.6 !

temis

9 posts in this topic

I installed JaS10.4.6DVD through vmware + applied AMDEnabler to OSX86 native + repaired permissions ...

I can boot normally with vmware but get a blank (black) screen with mouse cursor booting natively !!

I saw that other AMD users have the same problem ... Any fix yet ??

Thanks for an answer

Temis

hi,

i had the same problem installing on top of a fecked 10.4.6 - tho it booted to a screen which was mostly black but had a yellow-to-red colour gradient across the top, and a mouse pointer. bizarre!

also, the JaS DVD didnt give any option to install other than 'upgrade'. Where has the 'Archive and Install' got to?

I have the same problem, AMD X2 3200, ATI X300, I have been able to overcome this problem by setting the Graphics Mode at boot:

"Graphics Mode"="1024x768x16"

It seems to be getting stuck on 24 or 32 colors.

I am also having the sse3 problem, If I select it during install I get a CPU error, sse2 works fine :)

I have the same problem, AMD X2 3200, ATI X300, I have been able to overcome this problem by setting the Graphics Mode at boot:

"Graphics Mode"="1024x768x16"

It seems to be getting stuck on 24 or 32 colors.

I am also having the sse3 problem, If I select it during install I get a CPU error, sse2 works fine :idea:

Didn't work, still ahve the same problem.

Anyone know? :(

:angry:

You could try adding the PPF1 that Jas just released.

its on demon tracker, search as PPF1 there. Then you add it to your 10.4.6 jas install dvd.

Worked for me, i've applied the koverg's patch and i have QE and CI enabled.

You could try adding the PPF1 that Jas just released.

its on demon tracker, search as PPF1 there. Then you add it to your 10.4.6 jas install dvd.

Worked for me, i've applied the koverg's patch and i have QE and CI enabled.

Sounds cool man, could you pm me the url to the demon tracker please?

Id appreciate it. :whistle:

I resolved my problem by booting from the DVD, using Disk Utility to completely wipe my partitions and repartition the disk, then installing only the Intel SSE3 and 10.4.6 packages. Before when I included GMA900 support etc is when it didnt work.

So... all good!