Help! - still waiting for root device

The User

4 posts in this topic

I spent over a week trying to get Leo working.. I tried on two different computers, etc. it installs find but never boots.

Last night, I tried it on IBM thinkpad, iDeneb v1.4. Only 1 HD, 1 partition. Install went fine, but when I try to boot, it just gets stuck on "still waiting for root device". Here is what I tried:

Made disk0 partition 1 active using (fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 --> p --> f 1 --> write --> y)

-v -x

-v rd=disk0s1

I am pulling my hair out.. any idea? Please help !

Thanks

I spent over a week trying to get Leo working.. I tried on two different computers, etc. it installs find but never boots.

Last night, I tried it on IBM thinkpad, iDeneb v1.4. Only 1 HD, 1 partition. Install went fine, but when I try to boot, it just gets stuck on "still waiting for root device". Here is what I tried:

Made disk0 partition 1 active using (fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 --> p --> f 1 --> write --> y)

-v -x

-v rd=disk0s1

I am pulling my hair out.. any idea? Please help !

Thanks

Hi again

Still waiting on root device usually means there's no kext installed for your sata/ide/whatever controller. That means that when you installed you did not select the the right sata fix ( e.g. ICHx for all intel controlers)

Please don't start threads asking for help as long as you don't even state your specs. That means not the model, but actual hardware controllers ( you won't find people googling your specs, frankly i for one do not care to open up a tab for that)

Hi again

Still waiting on root device usually means there's no kext installed for your sata/ide/whatever controller. That means that when you installed you did not select the the right sata fix ( e.g. ICHx for all intel controlers)

Please don't start threads asking for help as long as you don't even state your specs. That means not the model, but actual hardware controllers ( you won't find people googling your specs, frankly i for one do not care to open up a tab for that)

well i get the same error, and i have installed my correct sata/ide drivers and i still get the waiting for root device error.

Hi again

Model: IBM R52

Audio: Analog DEvices AD1981B AC'97

CPU: Intel Mobile M 760

NIC: Intel onboard (not sure model)

Wireless: IBM 802.11a/b

ATA HD controller

Video: Intel 900

Sorry I forgot to specify specs. for the laptop. After spending hours and hours, I decided to seek help here, but forgot to include details in hurry ;) So, is there anyway to go back and select correct drivers, or will I have to just reinstall?