ATI Chipset? HD Problems?

11 posts in this topic

Hey I have a ATI RS300M chipset, haven't been able to find anyone with a ATI chipset, but anyhoo I have been forced to come to a conclusion that there is something wrong or incompatibility with my HD and OS X. I've used the DD method and the Install DVD and it doesnt make a difference. My HD still has transfers of 2MB/sec which makes OS Xnot so useable. (1Min Boot Time, 5-10s to open an app, frustrating file transfers, etc.) If I run benchmarks for my disk in Windows I get 47MB/sec transfer rates. I have tried the AppleIntelPXIIATA.kext, doesn't work... removing IOATAFamily.kext makes OS X not bootable. Anyone have this problem as well? I am desperate fro a solution!

My specs:

Toshiba A75-S1253 Laptop

3.2 Ghz Pentium 4 Prescott w/SSE3

ATI Mobility Radeon 9000

60GB ATA HD

512 RAM

ATI RS300M Chipset

Can the AppleIntelPXIIATA.kext be modified to other chipsets instead of just Intel chipsets?

Well... For what it's worth, I too have an ATI chipset and am experiencing the same problems... Thanx for letting me know that going thru the speed hack doesnt work. <_<

Running an HP ZX5000 p4 3.0 w/ HT SSE2 :(

Radeon 9600 128MB M10

No ideas on how to move forward tho...

Anyone?

Mao

Well, I have an ATI RS200M chipset on my Compaq Presario laptop (P4 2,66GHz, sse2 only) and it works correctly.

I used Bender12 patch and did nothing particular except I have to boot with platform=x86pc

Good Luck...

• 4 weeks later...
Well... For what it's worth, I too have an ATI chipset and am experiencing the same problems... Thanx for letting me know that going thru the speed hack doesnt work. :P

Running an HP ZX5000 p4 3.0 w/ HT SSE2 :)

Radeon 9600 128MB M10

No ideas on how to move forward tho...

Anyone?

Mao

Hi, ive got an ati chipset to, and am having problems with the graphics and the sound, i cant get my native resolution of 1280x800, and are stuck at 1024x768 (streched screen) and no sound, im using a HP zx5045ea - simalar to yours - pentium 4 2.8 ghz ati radion mobility 9600 - the rc300m

anyone got any ideas on how to get the display to work properlly - even black bars at the side of the screen would be an inprovment- i can live with no sound, but a streched screen, no.

-

Joe

Hi, ive got an ati chipset to, and am having problems with the graphics and the sound, i cant get my native resolution of 1280x800, and are stuck at 1024x768 (streched screen) and no sound, im using a HP zx5045ea - simalar to yours - pentium 4 2.8 ghz ati radion mobility 9600 - the rc300m

anyone got any ideas on how to get the display to work properlly - even black bars at the side of the screen would be an inprovment- i can live with no sound, but a streched screen, no.

-

Joe

Well my BIOS allowed me to say if the display wants to be stretched, then dont let it be stretched. So i have bars on the side, I would still like to have my full 1280x800.

Well my BIOS allowed me to say if the display wants to be stretched, then dont let it be stretched. So i have bars on the side, I would still like to have my full 1280x800.

1280x800 is not a standard vesa resolution so you shouldn't be able to use that resolution. It will only work on computers with onboard intel graphics for which there is a workable driver.

i have a toshiba satellite A70, i can load nothing but i can see blue background and mouse

using darwin boot disk

rd=disk0s7 platform=X86PC

this is how to stop the ATA waiting for root device, if someone can boot osx at 100% after, tell me how

-

Joe

Also, ive just realised i have slow hd aswell, also i have no onboard cd drive.

i have a toshiba satellite A70, i can load nothing but i can see blue background and mouse

using darwin boot disk

rd=disk0s7 platform=X86PC

this is how to stop the ATA waiting for root device, if someone can boot osx at 100% after, tell me how

i had that problem, it was that kernal that looks for the tma chip thingy, you need to delete it as per the guides in vmware, then re image it, that is, if u used the deadmoo image

• 7 months later...

sorry for killing the dead, but im having the same problem, i've tried the whoe ...IIXATA thing to no avail. im hoping someone can get me decent hard drive speeds

im using a toshiba A70, if thats any help, pretty much a newb here so dont know much

• 3 months later...

I am running 10.4.7 on a Presario R4000 with x200 chipset and AMD venice 64-bit 3200. So far all ATI drivers I've tried have sent my system to a crawl. Very unusable. When they are gone, my system flies as fast as windows. I have been working hard to figure this out for a week straight. Any help would be appreciated.