JaS 10.4.6 - Stability problems

thunder.scripts

8 posts in this topic

I have os x installed using JaS dvd. AMD64 3200+, DFI lanparty nForce4 motherboard, 80gb SATA HD, Marvell Yukon Ethernet. It works, but after a few minutes (sometimes 10, other 30) it hangs up.

Is this normal or is there anything I can do to solve it? When I installed it, I checked AMD Enabler and AMD SSE3 in the setup program.

Thanks

Fede

It's not normal, maybe you should try a new install. My version of 10.4.6 has an uptime of well over 14 hours before I shut it down.

Could also be the SATA drives or the AMD chip...it's all a big guess.

I have os x installed using JaS dvd. AMD64 3200+, DFI lanparty nForce4 motherboard, 80gb SATA HD, Marvell Yukon Ethernet. It works, but after a few minutes (sometimes 10, other 30) it hangs up.

Is this normal or is there anything I can do to solve it? When I installed it, I checked AMD Enabler and AMD SSE3 in the setup program.

Thanks

Fede

you need to run the amd enabler after the install or it will have issues.that or get the JaS.10.4.6.install.dvd.ppf1 from the demon and apply it to the iso then reinstall.you will have not need for the amd enabler and the install if you use the ppf on the dvd then install,I don't know how many times this has to be said.God i am getting tired of typing that over and over.

Sorry, I had the html with your instructions but lost it and completely forgot about it :S

Anyway, I tried executing the AMD Enabler and it gave me the following error: Cannot read reference bytes from patch description file cpuid_patches.txt!

The AMD Enabler was included in the installer, I thought it was automatic, sorry again.

I think that SATA may still be the problem, if I do tail -f /var/log/system.log I keep getting 'IOATAController device blocking bus.'

Thanks again

Fede