vista + osx : vista can't go in standby mode anymore

chriz74

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I think Darwin bootloader is messing up with acpi. I installed osx and vista.. if I boot vista the hour is changed and I can't go into sleep mode anymore.. also fan is always spinning.. I think darwin is messing acpi controls.. anyway to check what's going on?

There's a fix for the clock thing somewhere. It's normal, happens to everybody. You can choose to use a fix on either the OSX or the Windows side. Don't know where to get them...but they are around. Search.

The sleep not working in Vista I think you can fix by setting plug & play OS to YES in the BIOS.

There's a fix for the clock thing somewhere. It's normal, happens to everybody. You can choose to use a fix on either the OSX or the Windows side. Don't know where to get them...but they are around. Search.

The sleep not working in Vista I think you can fix by setting plug & play OS to YES in the BIOS.

Uhm.. I already have PnP OS installed in my bios.. I swapped boot partition and now I can't boot OSX anymore but the sleep mode is working again in vista. So this is related to how darwin or EFI or I don't know what messes with acpi.. to get OSX again I should swap boot partition again and get chameleon back... but I won't go there unless I find a solution for this acpi / sleep mode problem.